Sales Specialist (Risk)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for generating profitable sales that meets territory objectives through meeting and/or exceeding established sales targets;
- Cultivate and build strong business relationships with key decision makers;
- Manage the complete sales cycle from prospecting through to closing;
- Prospecting via phone, e-mail and other media;;
- Demonstrating the use of the product to the customer;
- Obtain and provide territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration;
- Accurate planning and reporting of all sales related metrics;
- Highly developed skills in prospecting, cold calling, objection handling and closing;
- Generation of a qualified pipeline for new business;
- Complete required sales reporting and ensures accurate 90-day, 60-day and 30-day
forecast updated weekly using the assigned CRM system;
RESULTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Achieve assigned overall sales targets
Achieve cross-sell goals
Achieve pipeline development goals
- Achieve other company-wide strategic objectives as communicated
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Qualifications & KNOWLEDGE
- Must be fully bilingual in Portuguese and English; Spanish proficiency a plus;
- Proven top sales performer;
- Ability to articulate selling philosophy;
- Ability to work cross functionally and marshal resources effectively;
- A minimum of 3 years selling in related industry where sales training was a centerpiece to development;
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Exceptional verbal communication skills;
- Practical understanding of the creation and management of strategic account plans;
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in Sales Consultative positions;
- Utilized CRM preferably Salesforce.com;
- Experience working in matrix environment;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- Previous GRC experience is a strong plus
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top