Sales Specialist Digital Solutions
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization. At Thomson Reuters, you can build a career without boundaries and do work that matters, with the flexibility to pursue your passion. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
There is an immediate vacancy for a
Sales Specialist, Digital Solutions (f/m)
based in Frankfurt.
The Sales Specialist is responsible for new business development- prospecting / calling for new clients to Thomson Reuters and developing new business opportunities within existing customer account relationships by expanding into new departments and customer groups. In addition and in conjunction with the Thomson Reuters Open Platform strategy, it's the task of the Sales Specialist to identify new Software Partners, FinTechs and to actively serve and involve existing partners in sales and solution processes. With a view to the digitization of private banking and retail banking workflows, the candidate has the task to develop and implement innovative digital solutions with the customer.
Sales Specialists must have deep domain knowledge of financial portals, Online Brokerage, Wealth advisory services. A deep understanding of the content requirements in retail- private banking workflows as well as market data, pricing and reference data and fundamental data is required.
This is a quota bearing position that covers a broad customer market segment and assigned territory or coverage area.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Identifies and generates sales to existing and new customers
- Develops new opportunities and creates solutions based on the Thomson Reuters Enterprise products and services, Knowledge Direct and by close collaboration with the appropriate SW partners
- Converts leads provided by Direct Sales and Account Managers
- Assists in key retention situations, bringing domain expertise relevant to that customer – as agreed with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Acts as one team with the Content Specialist Sales
- Acts as an advocate for customer needs to the business
- Provide Market insight back to TR to help drive and grow our business
- Mentor new sales specialists
- Is the interface to our SW-partners and drives joint sales initiatives
Person Specification – Required Skills and Education:
- Deep market understanding including a) expert understanding of financial markets and the requirements in the digitization of Retail and wealth advisory services b) knowledge of relevant market trends and challenges
- World class selling skills (identify, develop, & articulate proposition/ consultative selling) as a "hunter"
- Significant Product and Workflow Expertise for real time data related services and in Pricing and Reference data workflows as well as with fundamentals, funds data, estimates and economic data.
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and persuasion skills
- Emotional resilience
- Ability to organize and execute a sales plan
- Proven track record in a quota bearing sales environment
- Experience selling to decision making executives
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Strong network of industry contacts for assigned customer market segment
- Previous experience working in financial services and/or financial information business
- Active member of professional/industry organizations aligned with particular customer segment
- Fluency in German and English
The position will be offered on local terms and conditions.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top