Sales Specialist, Corporate Practical Law
Practical Law Sales Specialist, Corporate Law Department
Practical Law is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help business lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. We deliver our content to companies, law firms, and law schools. Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including over 90% of the top 200 law firms in the UK, over 95% of the AMLAW 100, and over 2,500 major companies worldwide.
This position will be based in the NYC office.
Sell Practical Law products to prospective customers within in-house counsel departments of corporations.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual new sales quotas.
- Establish trusted relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Conduct effective and compelling product demonstrations.
- Conduct face to face and over the phone appointments and product demonstrations with new customers.
- Meet or exceed expected activity:
- 20 calls per day
- 8 product demos per week
- Submit sales forecasting and performance reports on a regular basis
- Collaborate with sales partners to find best approach for the customer.
- Prospect for new leads on a daily basis.
- Strong Phone-Selling Abilities: Must be very comfortable selling primarily over the phone as well as giving demonstrations via screen-sharing software.
- Value Based Selling Approach: demonstrate the value of the Law Department service to prospective decision-makers through informed conversations focusing on features and benefits.
- Consultative Selling Skills: listen, ask probing questions to uncover customer needs, and quickly gain trust and credibility
- Business Acumen: strong understanding of our customers' business
- Effective sales presentation skills: engage in two-way dialogue to effectively tie value proposition back to customer needs
- Results Driven: Self-motivated, proactively looks for new sales opportunities and learns new products, meets all sales targets.
- Team Communication: collaborate and communicate regularly and effectively within team and across the organization.
- Relationship and Influencing Skills: ability to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization, including senior management.
- Professional Communication Skills: effectively communicate verbally and written for a professional audience with a legal background.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience, preferable in a consultative role such as software or professional services, business-to-business environment, with track record of exceeding quota.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Understanding of the legal market and legal industry as a whole preferred.
- Consulting experience, start-up experience or experience with CRM or contact management systems and other software technologies beneficial
- Ability to travel overnight 1-2 times per month.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top