Sales Specialist, Capital Market Insight - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Sales Specialist, Capital Markets Insight
The Capital Market Insight (CMI) organization exists to "discover, integrate and connect" market intelligence for participants in the global capital markets. We bring together unparalleled content, tools, relationships and expertise from several of the strongest brands for market insight, including IFR Publishing, IFR Markets, PFI and LPC franchises. We deliver value via a variety of formats, including print, desktop (both standalone and Eikon) and feed products, as well as frequent events such as roundtables and conferences.
CMI is seeking a dynamic & experienced Sales Specialist based in London. They will be responsible for promoting the various Capital Market desktop and print propositions to the European ECM/DCM & Bank loan Origination, Syndication & Investor audience.
The individual will be tasked to uncover and close new sales opportunities both via new organizational relationships, and by leveraging existing client relationships, nurturing organic growth.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Drive GROSS sales and achieve NET revenue growth across a broad European territory.
- Collaborate with existing account managers to identify and execute on new opportunities amongst incumbent Capital Markets clients.
- Prospect, manage and report on a pipeline of new sales opportunities within the assigned territory across several products.
- Develop appropriate market expertise, acting as a credible domain expert to assist in C-level and below conversations across the various Capital Markets disciplines (Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Bank Loan Origination & Syndication.
- Develop effective internal and external networks of relationships to progress deals, and raise product awareness within client accounts and the market as a whole.
- Communicate relevant market and sales intelligence to management and senior stakeholders.
- Actively contribute feedback and ideas to the product management team regarding new product requirements.
- Represent and promote the Capital Market Insight staff & brands as influential thought leaders.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Relevant experience in a proactive Sales role, ideally selling into banks & Capital Market Investment & Advisory firms.
- Deep domain knowledge of Capital Market dynamics & associated information requirements of the individual role types.
- Able to demonstrate a relevant, active and usable network of contacts within the Capital Markets space.
- Effective stakeholder management: internally as well as externally.
- Strong business acumen, an innate sense of curiosity & dedication to customer service.
Desired Skills/Experience required:
- French & German language skills would be desirable but not essential.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top