Sales Specialist, Capital Market Insight - F&R
Position Title: Sales Specialist, Capital Markets Insight
The Capital Market Insight (CMI) organization exists to "discover, integrate and connect" market intelligence for participants in the global capital markets. We bring together unparalleled content, tools, relationships and expertise from several of the strongest brands for market insight, including IFR Publishing, IFR Markets, PFI and LPC franchises. We deliver value via a variety of formats, including print, desktop (both standalone and Eikon) and feed products, as well as frequent events such as roundtables and conferences.
CMI is seeking a dynamic & experienced Sales Specialist based in London. They will be responsible for promoting the various Capital Market desktop and print propositions to the European ECM/DCM & Bank loan Origination, Syndication & Investor audience.
The individual will be tasked to uncover and close new sales opportunities both via new organizational relationships, and by leveraging existing client relationships, nurturing organic growth.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Drive GROSS sales and achieve NET revenue growth across a broad European territory.
- Collaborate with existing account managers to identify and execute on new opportunities among incumbent Capital Markets clients.
- Prospect, manage and report on a pipeline of new sales opportunities within the assigned territory across several products.
- Develop appropriate market expertise, acting as a credible domain expert to assist in C-level and below conversations across the various Capital Markets disciplines (Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Bank Loan Origination & Syndication.
- Develop effective internal and external networks of relationships to progress deals, and raise product awareness within client accounts and the market as a whole.
- Communicate relevant market and sales intelligence to management and senior stakeholders.
- Actively contribute feedback and ideas to the product management team regarding new product requirements.
- Represent and promote the Capital Market Insight staff & brands as influential thought leaders.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Relevant experience in a proactive sales role, preferably selling data & technology into Investment Banking ECM & DCM desks.
- Deep domain knowledge of the Capital Market Origination & Syndication process & associated information requirements of the individual role types.
- Demonstrable ability to develop meaningful client engagement and consistently translate into new business.
- Able to demonstrate a relevant, active and usable network of contacts within the IBD community.
- An entrepreneurial, goal-oriented candidate with a 'can do' attitude
- Demonstrate ownership and a driven approach to their work
- Effective stakeholder management: internally as well as externally.
- Strong business acumen, an innate sense of curiosity & dedication to customer service.
Desired Skills/Experience required:
- French & German language skills would be desirable but not essential.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Back to top