Sales Representative - Legal Market
Date Posted: August 9, 2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Sales Representative – Legal Market
To effectively promote and sell the complete range of Thomson Reuters products and services within an assigned territory to achieve new sales revenue and growth targets. The assignments will include prospecting and selling to new law firms and an existing base of firms and managing their contract renewals in order to maximize retention.
Your duties will include:
- prospecting in order to identify new firms interested in Thomson Reuters on-line products;
- creating and implementing plans for the effective coverage of assigned territory;
- managing a sales opportunity system to forecast sales;
- preparing and tracking the effectiveness of account plans;
- organizing time efficiently to maximize market penetration, specifically into mid/small-sized law firms;
- generating sales growth by pursuing new prospects, following up on leads from a variety of sources;
- thoroughly analyzing call results;
- building relationships with, and knowledge of, existing customers in support of customer retention strategies;
- selling strategy includes team selling projects;
- providing client/prospect data for the Customer Relationship system;
- reporting weekly/monthly on all sales activity, market trends, competitor information, etc.; and
- managing a personal expense budget.You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a university degree (business or professional) or equivalent business experience;
- sales experience (minimum of 3 years preferred);
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- a valid driver's license is required;
- a willingness to occasionally work on weekends; and
- PC Skills - MS Office and Internet.
Knowledge of the legal marketplace and a professional designation (an LL.B) will be considered an asset.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top