Sales Representative, Corporate & Tax Markets
Date Posted: July 13, 2017
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Sales Representative, Corporate & Tax Markets
To position Thomson Reuters solutions in territories or key revenue driving initiatives as assigned across our business. The individual must be high energy and comfortable making high volumes of calls and prospecting. They will be responsible for taking existing territories, introducing themselves and closing existing sales cycles, new account acquisition as well as re-securing and protecting all existing revenue streams. Strong business development skills, account management experience, negotiation skills, the ability to deliver accurate forecasts and issues management will be critical requirements. You will be involved in ongoing collaboration with the Sales Director and Manager, and also with the extended team Thomson Reuters Team to understand and plan the opportunity pursuit within these markets. The individual will work closely with the all other members of the account team as identified in SF.com and to jointly build a territory plan to ensure full territory coverage and improve opportunities.
This position is responsible for:
- new account/revenue acquisition within their Corporate and Accounting firms or revenue driving initiative through excellent researching, planning and execution of their sales plan which includes high levels of prospecting daily, middle of funnel management and closing bottom of funnel of opportunities daily;
- developing multi-level relationships within existing accounts – by offering extraordinary service to the market; collaborating with sales leadership/marketing/segment teams to bring insight and strength of execution to each Go To Market;
- growing revenue and protecting existing revenue streams – through strong account management skills matched with product knowledge, uncover new revenue opportunities in the territory to grow the annual revenue commitments to TRTA. This knowledge, along with effective proposal writing, will lead to success;
- the development and execution of a Strategic Sales Plan: reviewing existing accounts with a view to current services, future plans/trends, key competitors and their offerings, develop a strategy to approach the market. Through ongoing collaboration of strategy with Sales Manager, you will work to establish priorities in order to successfully achieve revenue targets;
- handling key account relationships: development of account plans for key accounts with the collaboration with your on-line sales counterpart;
- using key forums to enhance relationships – identifying and leveraging Thomson Reuters Tax & Accountings presence at key forums (i.e. tradeshows, conferences, national events) in order to improve our relationships with key groups and organizations; and
- utilizing and inputting all required information to SalesForce.com in order to use your KPI's and make adjustments as required with self direction as the ultimate goal using the tool.
- reporting monthly, or as required, on all sales activities, market trends, competitor information and individual projects;
- weekly forecasting of sales;
- developing a sales plan with quarterly updates, and key account plans and keep them up to date;
- managing and reporting on all business expenses;
- attending, participating in and reporting on meetings, sales conferences, company sponsored training initiatives and relevant trade shows/conventions; and
- developing proposals to fit client needs.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a post secondary education or equivalent business experience;
- 3 years of demonstrated telephone sales/ sales experience in a high activity level environment;
- analytical and problem solving abilities;
- excellent communication skills;
- superb presentation and demonstration skills;
- planning and goal setting experience;
- the ability to seek out support and leverage a broader internal team's skills and talents;
- a willingness to occasionally work on weekends;
- the ability to travel and a valid driver's license; and
- PC skills (MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and internet.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top