Sales Operations Specialist
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Transaction Sales seeks a high energy, numerate, motivated professional for a Market Development / Sales Operations role. Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills, effective diagnostic and problem solving capability, be innovative thinkers and underpinning it all have strong numerical and analytic abilities. They will be a proven self-starter, be able to initiate projects and work with a variety of teams to deliver high quality products for the consumption of the Transaction Sales management team.
- Develop links with the regional GTM Sales Operations teams to effectively share data and drive efficiency in the processes and reporting that we use
- Understand the underlying drivers of the Transactions business and use that insight to develop additional data and reports to drive business growth
- Create a schedule of regular Sales Reports that allow the effective management of the Transaction Sales business (including Sales pipelines, Wins and Losses and At Risk)
- Aid in the construction and ongoing production of a Transactions Dashboard that will measure Key Indicators of our performance and guide management actions
- Work with the data we have available to identify new opportunities for increasing volume and revenue from our existing customer base
- Utilize both internal and third party data to assist in targeting out new business efforts to large growth opportunities in each region
- Develop new data sets and sources to compliment those already in use
- Create analytics and reporting that will allow us better target profitable clients
- Assist in Market Development activities including training, customer feedback, global process development, best practice sharing and market sizing.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience in either Data or Customer Analysis
- The candidate must be a highly professional, detail oriented, self-motivated and organized individual with a proven track record of exceeding targets.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational capabilities as well as analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Numeracy and ability to collate and process data to produce sales enhancing information
- Ability to build relationships and work well both within a team environment as well as with other professional constituencies
- Ability to present results with accuracy and brevity to senior colleagues
- Understanding of financial markets and in particular the FX, Equities or Futures trading would be helpful but not essential
Bachelor's (BA/BS or University degree) degree or equivalent preferable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top