Sales Manager, Software Solutions
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers' businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in March 2013. We believe we are exceptionally well positioned to help our customers redefine not only how lawyers work, but also how the legal ecosystem operates.
Position Title: Sales Manager, Software Solutions
Role Purpose/ Summary:
The role will manage a team of solution sales specialists selling Legal Software Solutions into Law Firms across EMEA. The incumbent will be required to work collaboratively across the sales function and with key stakeholders within the BU and wider Thomson Reuters to exceed business targets through the creation of a solid pipeline and by meeting the needs of the customer. The role will involve managing and developing team members to achieve the strategic aims of the Legal Solutions products for the Law Firm segment.
The incumbent will work with the Sales Director, Software Solutions and help to build and develop the Legal segment sales strategy to achieve significant growth and market share.
The role is primarily office based (Canary Wharf, London) with a requirement to travel nationally / internationally (25%-40%) to support sales opportunities and meet with key clients and stakeholders.
Team Leadership & Management
Work in collaboration with the Software Solutions Sales Director to implement best practice sales models that delivers high performance and supports the transition to a software solutions organization:
- Management of software solutions sales team with the ability to inspire and motivate as well as increase effectiveness and results which attain sales targets and ensure optimum performance at all times by setting and monitoring appropriate KPI's to drive sales activity in line with business objectives
- Continually measure the sales activities of direct reports and provide guidance and direction as needed to achieve all sales targets and objectives through active pipeline management and superior sales tactics
- Effectively manage all direct reports and ensuring all team members have in-depth knowledge of the Legal Solutions products for the In House segment, industry trends, customers and competitors
- Develop team sales plans and accurate and timely forecast management reports
- Demonstrate leadership qualities by setting direction making certain that high standards and ethics are never compromised
- Drive new sales to grow market share and revenues by identifying opportunities and new leads through the utilization of specialist knowledge and development of the sales process, producing customer-specific proposals and attending client meetings to build strong relationships
- Work collaboratively cross-functional and with other teams to create the right solution that will enhance the customer experience as well as increase growth and revenue achieve excellent business results
- Encourage collaboration with Sales Managers, Specialist team members and Account Managers to achieve a cohesive approach to key customers
- Provide feedback and market requirements to strategic business units to drive product innovation and improve market competitiveness.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Director, Software Solutions and Marketing to deliver specialist promotions and marketing campaigns that will help to develop new opportunities and achieve revenue targets
- Achieve sales target for software solutions through new business and cross sell opportunities
- Represent Legal Solutions UKI at internal and external forums
Education and Experience:
- Proven sales management experience within the software solutions industry with proven record of results and clear 'wins'
- Demonstrable achievements leading a team selling SaaS solutions into the legal sector (ideally has an excellent knowledge of the European Law Firm market)
- Excellent technical aptitude with a good understanding of SaaS go to market strategies
- Good understanding of general business and specifically legal department operations
- Ability to effectively communicate and establish credibility and rapport with multiple levels of a client's organization (C-Suite / CTO / CIO, Managing Partners, etc)
- Can create customer value through selling highly complex solutions and is an expert managing contract negotiations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fully competent in solution and consultative selling and has the ability to coach team members increase sales effectiveness (SPIN, Miller Heiman)
- Proficient Microsoft Office skill, particularly Word and Excel
- Consistent performer and handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Proven ability to manage teams, motivate, coach and mentor individual team members in a changing sales environment
- Ability to build relationships, influence and gain resource from across the organisation
- Drive results and create business growth through the ability to energize the team to fulfill customer requirements.
- Strong sales management and interpersonal skills
- Results driven and leads from the front
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the aptitude to articulate complex messages
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with others across a matrix environment.
- Customer orientation, putting the customer at the forefront of the decision making process.
- Advanced deal structure skills
- Innovative and creative with the ability to think on your feet
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top