Reporting to the Global Head of Sales, this role is a hybrid direct sales & management role. This business currently represents close to $90 million in global revenue, and includes the well known global financial market information brands LPC, IFR and PFI. Based in NYC, the role will cover the Americas and significant travel, predominantly in US/Canada, will be required.
Our products provide news, data and analysis to capital markets participants, enabling them to monitor and understand the market so that they can successfully manage their pipelines and portfolios. This includes bonds, loans, CLO's and project finance markets. An awareness of the current trends in these markets and their potential impact on banks and asset managers is extremely valuable.
- Continually monitors the sales activities of direct reports and provide guidance and direction as needed to achieve (and exceed) daily, monthly and yearly sales targets
- Measures team performance and analyzes productivity and effectiveness to determine team success
- Leads team to achieve and exceed company sales or retention goals through negotiations and product offerings
- Develops team plans and forecasts
- Remains up to date on industry trends
- Manages Inside Sales Representatives day-to-day activities
- Provides coaching and assists with development plans and performance management for all direct reports
- Ensures positive and effective relationships are established and maintained with customers
- Assists in customer escalation issues and provides customer relationship support as needed
- Works with recruiting staff and Human Resources to attract and hire the best possible candidates for sales positions
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Working knowledge of investment banking and capital market industry
- Maintain a strong competency in all databases, tools and processes used in the sales process
- Fully competent with Customer Relationship Management software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to provide effective feedback and coach to drive performance
- Ability to clearly articulate value proposition of products and services to clients, and be able to take clients through the sales stage process to close the sale.
Certifications / Education:
- University/college degree may be required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department
- Advanced Degree may be preferred
- Inside Sales experience in applicable industry preferred
- Proven track record of consistently achieving and exceeding objectives, revenue targets and product sales targets
- Previous management experience preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top