Sales Intern - Summer 2021
- Ann Arbor, MI
Are you looking to gain valuable experience during your sales internship in a high-energy, fast-paced environment that is both competitive and fun?
Does working for a global company that is consistently recognized as a 'Top Employer to Work For' across a broad range of categories, such as Work-Life Balance, Diversity & Inclusion, Opportunities for Women, Culture, Volunteerism interest you?
If Yes, then you should consider applying for a Summer 2021 Sales Internship with Thomson Reuters!
Details about the Summer 2021 Sales Intern Program:
- Dates/Schedule: The internship is 12 weeks (Monday - Friday), exact dates are still to be determined but it would likely be in the mid-May 2021 to late August 2021 time frame.
- This is a Paid, Full-time (40 hours per week) Internship.
- Location: The Internship will be based at our corporate office in the renowned, high-tech and culturally diverse area of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
About the Sales Internship opportunity:
As a member of the professional sales intern team within our Tax & Accounting Professionals segment, you will sell training services to our existing customer base, while working in a motivating, results-orientated, collegial atmosphere.
You will receive extensive on-boarding and sales training; as well as participate in department-wide sales meetings, and professional development opportunities. Additionally, as an intern, you may contact and qualify sales leads for the department.
A Sales Internship at Thomson Reuters can also lead to a full-time job offer!
- Sell Thomson Reuters Training and Services
- Lead Generation/Prospecting
- Meet or exceed assigned quota of a minimum of 30 contacts per day while consistently maintaining sales databases with all call and profile activity
- Develop key sales skills, techniques, and product knowledge
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, receive continuous product instruction and sales process training
- Learn and understand how Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting products and services are used in theaccounting profession in order to assess the applicability of the programs to our prospects
- Achieve a strong competency in all Tax & Accounting databases, tools and processes
- Complete client profile data with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) through telephone contact with client-base
- Pursuing a college degree with a major or concentration in Professional Sales, Business, Communication or related field
- Previous sales internship or participating in a student sales organization is preferred
- Business acumen, intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral, listening and written)
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain positive working relationships
- High proficiency with MS Office, and overall technical skills/aptitude, ability to learn new technology quickly
- A positiveattitude, receptive to feedback and constructive criticism
- Motivated to succeed and develop (personally and professionally)
- Collaborative, Team-oriented
- Dedicated, hard-working, and driven to do the right thing
Learn about #WorkingAtTR and check out our culture!
Check out our awards & recognition!
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Back to top