Sales Executive - Midwest
- Chicago, IL
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your sales experience to a world class company that is market leading for both content and technology?
Does hearing that we are completely committed to organic growth and that we have extensive investments to expand our sales capability excite you?
Do you have previous experience driving sales and revenue growth within a specific territory? Are you motivated by uncapped commissions?
If yes, we are looking for you!
What You'll Do: As a Sales Executive you will be responsible for developing and growing new customer accounts in the legal community within an assigned territory. Each territory consists of a large base of law firms. You will utilize your prospecting and consultative selling skills, high energy and initiative to identify opportunities to provide solutions. You will also be responsible to partner with our internal Account Management team related to the post-sales satisfaction and retention of existing customers.
About the Role:
- Responsible for the attainment of sales targets and quota on a monthly basis in assigned territory.
- Consult with the client regarding strategies and solutions that will meet their business needs and will improve their ability to generate business.
- Strategically grow a customer base through prospecting and cold calling.
- Technical aptitude (MS Office, internet applications, Salesforce.com).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
About You: Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in outside sales in a professional B2B environment.
- Proven track record of sales success, fast growth and consistently achieving performance at 100%+.
- Previous sales experience in online/advertising environment a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of sales process, methods and techniques.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or services.
- Proven organization skills, effective time management skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to be actively in the field on most business days with some overnight travel based on territory to various client sites (Note: in-person meetings/travel is currently being supplemented by virtual meetings due to Covid-19 considerations).
What's in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work for a company that has a market dominant position for both content and technology and is passionate about giving back to the community.
- You are will be joining a growing sales team that has the commitment of the company to prioritize organic growth and has made investments to expand the sales team capability.
- Base salary and a variable compensation that is directly related to your success.
- Extraordinary benefits package.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Des Moines-Iowa-United States of America;Kansas City-Kansas-United States of America;Minneapolis-Minnesota-United States of America;Omaha-Nebraska-United States of America
Back to top