Sales Executive, LMLF Practical Law - Chicago
Practical Law is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help business lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. We deliver our content to law firms, companies and law schools. Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including over 95% of the AMLAW 100, and over 2,000 major companies worldwide. We are a dynamic and fast growing area of Thomson Reuters and are always looking for bright and passionate people who share our vision for the future of legal services.
The Sales Executive, LMLF Practical Law is responsible for selling PL products to the legal community within their assigned territory. Individual leverages his/her expert knowledge and professional demeanor to effectively manage complex relationships, while capitalizing on opportunities within their accounts.
- Establish trusted relationships: Call on the senior attorneys at large law firms leveraging your consultative approach, sales skills and excellent business skills
- Adopt value based approach: Demonstrate the value of the products to prospective decision-makers through informed conversations about law firm competitive intelligence needs, efficiency, strategic planning and growth expectations.
- Drive sales in assigned territory: Attain assigned pipeline target and sales quotas. Complete Reporting: Submit sales forecasting and performance reports on a regular basis.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3 years of direct field sales experience, preferable in a consultative role such as software or professional services, business-to-business environment, with track record of exceeding quota.
- Understanding of the legal market and legal industry as a whole is desirable.
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods, and techniques.
- Good prospecting and networking skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiatives to learn of new sales opportunities/products, and manages time productively.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with software technologies
- Experience at use of CRM or contact management systems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top