Sales Executive, Channel Partners EMEA
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Reuters News Agency
Position Title: Sales executive, Channel Partners EMEA
The Sales executive, Channel Partners EMEA role is a crucial role in a fast-moving part of the sales organization. The purpose of the role is to support direct Reuters News Agency customers in the region of EMEA, by selling and generating new business in the editorial and commercial content market, particularly the UK picture market. The successful candidate will be expected to sell Reuters content across all customers and support Channel Partner relationships alike. An important part of the role is to develop specialist knowledge across sports licensing and drive the sales of Reuters Sports content. This role is primarily responsible for the direct a la carte sales of Reuters news content in UKI, but will also be expected to support the wider EMEA region. It's important for the successful candidate to be proactive with sales reach and seek to deliver consistent revenue growth.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Sell Reuters content across all customer segments directly and indirectly through 3rd party partners.
- Demonstrates a consistent and successful track record managing customer relationships in the editorial pictures market, including a solid understanding of clearance processes and pricing in the commercial pictures market.
- Acts as a Sports sales specialist sharing knowledge and best practice with the wider team
- Maximize customer satisfaction, grow revenue and achieve strategic objectives associated with expanding the Reuters content business.
- Work under their own initiative and be proactive in exploring new sales leads and business development opportunities is essential.
- Maintains and develops a pipeline of new business
- Supports accurate forecasting in the UKI territories
- Helps to expand direct and partner revenue through working on and with partners to cross-sell and up-sell new products and services
- Drives new business growth by finding new business opportunities and exploring new commercial models
- Acts as a subject matter expert across usage sales and Sports content
- Inspires a culture of partner success across the company
- Channel Partners, Sales, Sales Excellence, Business Development, Finance, Product
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ability to manage personal book of business and deliver growth
- Deep understanding of editorial and commercial picture sales market in the UK
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Understanding of copyright and content licensing models
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working and being successful in a matrix environment
- Combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Ability to work across diverse cultures
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top