Title: Sales Executive
Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting Division is looking for aggressive, high-energy, senior software sales professionals who will identify and close sales of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing software and services to tax professionals in multinational corporations and in accounting firms.
The Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for selling ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing products to tax professionals within an assigned territory. The territory consists of a large base of multinational corporations and tax service providers.
The SE will work exclusively with new prospects both in person and over the phone. The SE draws on his/her high level of initiative, ability to evaluate and target sales opportunities quickly, and excellent customer networking skills to attain sales targets in such a way that builds value for the prospective customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales. This is accomplished through an in-depth understanding of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing products, sales techniques appropriate for a mid- to long-term sales cycle, and a keen ability to uncover and meet the needs of tax professionals.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Networks and partners with prospects both over the phone and in person in
order to build confidence and develop win/win solutions; proactively stays on
top of sales opportunities while navigating through customer organizations;
balances frequency of contact with potential for sales.
- Excels in value-based selling, demonstrating ability to build trust with prospect
via rigorous pre-call planning; ability to uncover needs via effective use of open
ended questions; ability to advocate solutions appropriate to discovered needs;
and ability to gain buying commitment from prospect.
- Demonstrates an excellent ability to meet the demands of selling to a large
customer base by strategizing customer contact methods. Operates with
effectiveness and determination; acts promptly to take advantage of multiple
opportunities; remains realistically positive in sales situations; persists to
achieve sales goals despite barriers or difficulties by changing strategies,
doubling efforts, or employing other techniques.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to consistently build trust and confidence
with users, key contacts, managers and executives; communicates and
interacts effectively with internal team partners to achieve goals
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing products and
how well they fit the needs and challenges of the transfer pricing industry:
Relishes on-going, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly;
welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Develop territory plans to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Build, manage, and deliver on an accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly
- Attain sales targets and quotas by both in person customer visits and meetings
over the phone.
- Demonstrate the use of ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing software to prospects.
- Obtain and provide territory information regarding market intelligence and
penetration, and provide competitive intelligence.
- Complete sales performance reports and all CRM reporting in a timely and
- Attends sales meetings, conferences, and conventions as required.
- Some travel within the assigned territory is required.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum 5 years successful software sales experience (both over the phone
and field sales); tax and accounting industry experience preferred.
- Significant track record in closing sales, generating revenue, and exceeding
- Experience with senior executives and C level decision makers (CFO,
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful experience in value-based sales concepts, methods, and
techniques to professionals.
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills and closing skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet.
- Working knowledge of ONESOURCE products and/or the tax and accounting
- High level of competency with regard to internet, periodical and internal
- Proficient database management skills.
Ideal Candidate Profile/Success factors:
- Tax and Accounting industry experience.
- Consultative sales skills, specifically working with clients on large sales over
an extended period of time.
- Demonstrated success in sales positions requiring a high activity level.
- Strong listening skills and proficiency in asking probing questions.
- Proficiency with sales related tools, e.g., CRM systems.
- High level of integrity and strong understanding of sales ethics.
- Continuous learner; curious; flexible and open-minded.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top