The Client Development Consultant (CDC) is responsible for developing and growing new customer accounts in the legal community within an assigned territory. Each territory consists of a large base of small/solo (1-29 attorney) firms. The CDC will utilize their prospecting and consultative selling skills, high energy and initiative to identify opportunities to provide FindLaw web based marketing and advertising solutions (www.lawyermarketing.com). The CDC is responsible to partner with our internal Account Management team related to the post-sales satisfaction and retention of existing FindLaw customers.
FindLaw's effective and innovative Internet marketing solutions include award-winning websites, custom video, online attorney profiles, social media solutions, search engine marketing and online advertising to help attorneys grow their business by connecting them with people who need their expertise. FindLaw also owns and operates FindLaw.com, the number one destination for consumers with legal needs with more than six million visits each month and home to the largest online legal directory of lawyers. As a trusted source, consumers turn to FindLaw.com to learn about a legal topic, solve a legal problem or find a lawyer.
- Responsible for the attainment of sales targets and quota on a monthly basis in assigned territory.
- Consult with the client regarding web based marketing strategies and solutions that will meet their business needs and will improve their ability to generate business.
- Strategically grow a customer base through prospecting and cold calling.
- Create and maintain sales pipeline status ongoing by maintaining accurate and complete information in selected CRM database including activity, closing, project forecast, close ratios and market intelligence.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business, is the world's leading provider of online legal information and Internet marketing solutions for law firms. FindLaw has grown significantly since its establishment in 1995, now employing more than 1,000 talented people with global operations in the United States, India and the United Kingdom.
FindLaw fosters a dynamic and customer-centric work culture that thrives on innovation and collaboration. With a distinct focus on attracting and retaining the best talent, the business strives to create an environment that encourages ongoing career development and learning opportunities for employees. As a result, FindLaw boasts the industry's largest team of online experts, from content editors, Web designers, writers, engineers, SEO strategists to a national network of sales consultants who are committed to delivering excellence for its customers.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years successful outside sales experience in professional B2B environments.
- Previous sales experience in online / advertising environment, preferred.
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- High level of competency with regard to Internet marketing and social media concepts
- Proven track record of developing new customer accounts with little brand equity requiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closing ability.
- Proven track record of sales success, fast growth and consistently achieving performance at 100% or above
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or services.
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self initiative and discipline.
- Technical aptitude (MS Office, Internet applications, CRM)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Jackson-Mississippi-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top