Sales Development Specialist
The Sales Development Specialist is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound activities. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company's needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to account management team
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solution to begin sales cycle
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirement and presenting solution to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with account managers
- Drive attendance for webinars, live seminars, and set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- 2+ year of success experience in telemarketing or demand generating
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Demonstrated success in prospecting or pitching of ideas / concepts
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with CRM applications preferred
- Bachelor's degree
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Back to top