Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative initiates sales campaigns, marketing campaigns and event follow ups. In addition, the Sales Development Representative is expected to be highly customer centric, energetic, organized, and able to work under deadlines and eager to learn in a fast paced environment.
Support the sales channel by making direct contact with prospective customers to drive sales activity for the organization.
- Schedule and complete a required number of demos each month.
- Complete and average 70 calls a day.
- Work cooperatively with Sales Manager and Sales/Account Executives
- Maintain professional conduct and represent Thomson Reuters well with proper internal and external communication skills.
Competencies – Skills:
- Value Based Selling Approach: demonstrate the value of the service to prospective decision-makers through informed conversations focusing on features and benefits.
- Business Acumen: strong understanding of our customers' business.
- Team Communication: collaborate and communicate regularly and effectively within team and across the organization.
- Professional Communication Skills: effectively communicate verbally and written for a professional audience with a legal background
- Results Driven: work independently to attain numbers with minimal supervision.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required. JD Preferred.
- Understanding of the legal market and legal industry as a whole preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable, agile, hard working, resilient, motivated
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top