Sales Development Associate – Contract Role
Sales Development Associate –Contract Role
Thomson Reuters is looking for dynamic SalesDevelopment professionals who are seeking the opportunity to work in a forward-thinkingsales environment, providing support to the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting(TRTA) Sales teams.
The Sales Development Associate will be focused onnew sales lead generation and is expected to be a result driven, highly customercentric, energetic sales professional. This is the perfect position for anindividual who wants to grow their career in sales.
- Prospect, qualify and generate sales leads.
- Identify sales opportunities and assists in the closing of additional purchases of products and services through existing client base.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to maintain and update contact information for clients and prospects.
- Discuss product capabilities, emphasizing product features based on analysis of customers' needs and technical knowledge.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company products, special sales programs and marketing efforts within the sales division.
- Keep up to date on industry trends.
- Assist sales teams on proposals and sales document creation.
- Work with product management to capture data on sales wins and losses.
- Partner with sales to sell add-on products to existing clients.
- Liaise with sales and 3rd party lead generation firms to move opportunities forward.
- Answer inbound sales calls and route to appropriate departments.
- 4-year college degree in Marketing, Sales, Business or Communications, or 1-2 years previous phone sales experience.
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques, and appointment setting and closing ability is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com or CRM systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand and communicate technical benefits of our tax software solutions
- Ability to apply sales concepts to obtain desired result
- High level of personal initiative, accountability and follow-through skills
- Able to quickly recognize, define and solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Conducts self in a positive, professional manner
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills preferred
- Project management skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top