Sales Development Associate
Thomson Reuters is looking for dynamic Sales Development professionals who are seeking the opportunity to work in a forward thinking sales environment, providing support to the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting Sales teams. The Sales Development Associate will be focused on new sales development and is expected to be a result driven, highly customer centric, energetic sales professional with the ability to work under deadlines and eager to learn in a fast-paced environment. This is the perfect position for results driven professionals who want to grow their career in sales. Key Responsibilities include:
- Prospect, qualify and generate sales leads using TRTA Corporate provided BANT criteria.
- Identify sales opportunities and assists in the closing of additional purchases of products and services through existing client base.
- Use SFDC to maintain and update contact information for clients/prospects.
- Briefly discusses the use of products, emphasizing product features based on analysis of customers' needs and technical knowledge of product capabilities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company products, special sales programs and marketing efforts within the sales division.
- Remain up to date on industry trends.
- Work with Sales Teams on proposals and sales document creation.
- Work with product management to capture data on sales wins and losses.
- Partner with sales to sell add-on products to existing clients.
- Liaise with sales and 3rd party lead generation firms to move opportunities forward.
- Answer inbound sales calls and route to appropriate departments.
- 4-year college degree preferred; Marketing, Sales, Business or Communications
- 1-2 years previous phone sales experience
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques, and appointment setting and closing ability is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand and communicate technical benefits of our tax software solutions
- Ability to apply sales concepts to obtain desired result
- Proficient with personal computers and familiarity with Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems is a plus Other skills:
- High level of personal initiative, accountability and follow-through skills
- Able to quickly recognize, define and solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Conducts self in a positive, professional manner
- Felxible and adaptable to change
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top