Sales and Client Management Trainer
Trainer, Sales and Client Management
The Trainer, Sales and Client Management, is responsible for providing learner-centered development programs designed to teach sales and client management personnel the skills needed to perform on the job. The training is designed and delivered with the specific intent of increasing job capabilities and sales performance.
This position requires the incumbent to contribute to the design and implemention of training initiatives, strategies and objectives into a common organizational framework (ADDIE). It also requires staying current in effective training techniques and being involved with special projects, and project teams, as appropriate.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Partners with sales/client management and other internal stakeholders to deliver needs-based training through facilitation, coaching, presentation and meetings/calls.
- Facilitates, coordinates and at times may create the training content for both new hire and experienced sales and/or account management employees
- Ability to manage the schedule, logistics and content for a small/medium groups of learners through various elements of an extensive boarding curriculum
- Hold learners responsible for their personal development through the complete and timely completion of their learning tasks.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Provide continuous follow-up with learners as they participate in learning and development programs and provide evaluation of training programs
- Help guide learners through the successful completion of their on-boarding/training plans including class room training, , peer discussion, role plays, on-the-job activities, conference calls and other learning activities.
- Effective understanding of adult learning principles and incorporating them into facilitation and delivery of curricula
- Plan and implement training programs by by developing action plans, obtaining resources, and completing assignments in a timely manner to ensure learning goals are achieved
- Communicate effectively by expressing thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Model personal development by actively identifying new areas for one's own personal learning; regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities; apply newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Assess and report learner participation and proficiency through feedback, written assessments and skills practice.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- BA or BS required
- 2 years progressive experience in training and development is preferred
- 2 years sales experience preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Undertstands key elements of learning and development, including facilitation, adult learning principles and instructional design preferred.
- Ability to produce large quantities of work within short timeframes to meet deadlines and quality standards
- Must be able to deliver a creative and innovative approach to sales and account management's training needs.
- Must have excellent communication/presentation skills along with demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills.
- High level of energy and confidence with ability to stimulate and motivate attendees.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Experience with delivery, facilitation, coaching and mentoring of learners in business environments, preferably in sales and marketing.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written communication skills. Proven business writing skills and use of vocabulary, grammar and letter structure
- Ability to use a range of current technologies to work effectively and to achieve enhanced business outcomes
- Knowledge and application of the tools and techniques of time management to establish priorities and mange workload; ability to achieve intended outcomes within allocated timescale and resources
- Strong listening skills. Seeks clarification and complete understanding of an issue prior to action
- Builds on-going business relationships within and outside of Education, Training & Development
- Utilizes discretionary decision making to effectively achieve outcomes beneficial to all departments and to all parties trained
- Open, honest, professional. Displays confidence and courage in difficult and diverse situations
- Detail oriented, self motivated and able to work independently
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top