Sales Account Executive, Corporate - San Jose/Sacramento
Sell, maintain, retain and grow an existing customer base of legal, business and compliance content and financial and project management solutions within in-house legal, intellectual property and compliance departments of corporations.
Candidate must reside in sales territory.
- Meet new sales quota
- Sell 30% of quota in new sales of Practical Law
- Sell 20% of quota in new sales of Thomson Reuters Workflow Solutions
- Sell 50% of quota in new sales of Westlaw and other West-based products in 12 months
- Meet renewal quota
- Demonstrate, sell and build pipeline across the whole product bag
- Conduct face-to-face appointments (minimum of 10 per week)
- Maintain a pipeline of at least 3x quota
- Develop and leverage peer and team networks
- Update salesforce.com on an ongoing basis
Competencies – Skills:
- Sales Skills: Ability to navigate a long and complex software and solutions sales cycle coupled with ability to facilitate shorter-term transactional sales cycle utilizing consultative selling skills
- New business mining, prospecting and cold calling skills: develop a high volume of new business opportunities
- Consultative Selling Skills: listen, ask probing questions to uncover customer needs, and quickly gain trust and credibility
- Business Acumen: strong understanding of our customers' business
- Effective sales presentation skills: engage in two-way dialogue to effectively tie value proposition back to customer needs
- Forecasting Skills: ability to forecast with 90% accuracy
- Team Communication: collaborate and communicate regularly and effectively within team and across the organization.
- Relationship and Influencing Skills: ability to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization, including senior management.
Competencies – Culture:
- Commitment to People: professional, courteous, respectful and friendly
- Collaboration/Partnership: team oriented, generous with sharing best practices and feedback
- Customer first: customer-centric mentality
- Integrity: operates honestly and with high standard of ethics
- Delivering results: focused and able to take initiative, motivated, self-starter
- Positive attitude: enthusiasm, energy, passion, curiosity. Open and adaptable to change
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum of 4-5 years direct field sales experience (sales experience in the corporate sector preferred) with exemplary track record of sales quota overachievement
- 4 year college degree required, Law degree preferred
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations 80% of the time with approximately 20% overnight travel
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top