YOU AND YOUR TEAM
You will join the Rights Management team based in Gdynia and London. In your role you will be responsible for providing feedback and consultancy to the content and product groups, sales teams and any Thomson Reuters Group member wishing to leverage third party data content for purposes such as new products, new offerings in existing products, client/third party distribution models, requests for proposals (RFPs) and more as required.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The Content Partners group and Rights Management team are responsible for delivering the third party content strategy as defined by the Financial & Risk business units. Achieving this involves acquiring high quality content on the best possible commercial and legal terms through negotiation and relationship management with a broad range of content providers including exchanges, brokers and data vendors. Once content is acquired, the Rights Management team is responsible for ensuring that it is used in a way that is consistent with the terms agreed with suppliers. The Rights Management team provides advice on the appropriate use of third party content within Thomson Reuters products and by our clients and is critical in ensuring Thomson Reuters compliance with its data supplier agreements.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders across the organization
- Analysing and advising on new product launches, and new uses of content within existing products
- Making timely assessments of any legal (supplier) issues relating to data rights requests.
- Advising on any renegotiation opportunities as regards licensing rights arising.
- Explaining licensing rules and processes to Thomson Reuters product groups globally.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- .Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data as necessary for your role.
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension (what), Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- University education preferred or relevant experience.
- Good negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Man Management and teambuilding skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Deep understanding of our product delivery and content processes (or similar products)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You are adept at interacting with all levels of management
- You are confident and have an aptitude for decision-making
- You have experience of content strategy decision making
- You have experience of customer support and pre-sales support
- You have some experience of working with legal concepts
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top