Research Scientist (NYC)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
ThomsonReuters is at the forefront of developing technology that will revolutionizehow people access and use information by interacting with intelligent machines.
We arelooking for candidates with innovative approaches and the expertise to combineand improve existing technologies into our products that will help ourprofessional customers find the answers they are looking for. Do you want to be part of acreative smart team working on leading edge problems along side other researchscientists and engineers?
We arecurrently seeking passionate Research Scientists with varying degrees ofexperience, who are interested in taking applied Artificial Intelligencetechnologies to the next level. We are looking for a creative individuals whocan understand complex business problems, develop scalable algorithms andprototypes to demonstrate the art of possible.
Applicantsshould have significant experience in one or more of the following areas: KnowledgeRepresentation and Reasoning, Knowledge Bases, Probabilistic Graphical Models,Bayesian Belief Networks, Inference Engines, Natural Language Processing,Machine Learning, Question Answering, Text Mining, Information Retrieval,Distributional Semantics, and/or Discourse Modeling.
- Design, implement and validate algorithms at scaleto solve challenging real world problems
- Collaborate with technologists and businessstakeholders to drive innovation from conception to production
Qualifications and Experience in some of the below:
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or related field preferred, or Master's degree with 2 years' of relevant industry experience
- Proficient programming skills in a high-levellanguage (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, C/C , Perl, Matlab, R)
- Experience with statistical data analysis,experimental design, and hypotheses validation
- Familiarity with probabilistic models and anunderstanding of the mathematical concepts underlying machine learningmethods
- Project-based experience with some of the following tools:
- Applied machine learning (e.g. libSVM, Shogun, Scikit-learn or similar)
- Deep Learning tools (e.g., Keras, Tensorflow, Theano, FastText or similar)
- Natural Language Processing (e.g., ClearTK, ScalaNLP/Breeze, ClearNLP, OpenNLP, NLTK, or similar)
- Statistical data analysis and experimental design (e.g., using R, Matlab, iPython, etc.)
- Information retrieval and search engines, e.g. Solr/Lucene
- Distributed computing platforms, such as Hadoop (Hive, HBase, Pig, Spark, GraphLab)
- Databases (traditional and noSQL)
- Must be a self-motivated, lifelong learner, who ispassionate about turning new ideas into solutions for our customers
- Results-driven focus with the ability to prioritizedeliverables that have the most significant, measurable impact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters.We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our businessand our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one—collaborating toreach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningfulexperiences. With around 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we workflexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industriesaround the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and wecount on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance—and theirown.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver onour goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees inall our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender,including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion,sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteranstatus, or any other protected classification under country or local law.Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Comejoin us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top