The Research & Development department in Thomson Reuters Labs is looking for Research Scientists in their Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN location to perform applied AI research and take part in the design and development of world class products.
TR's Research & Development group is co-located in Minneapolis/St. Paul (MN), Toronto (ON, Canada), and Rochester (NY). Our focus areas include recommendation and search, entity extraction, question answering, language understanding, large-scale analytics, social computing, and natural language generation.
We are looking for passionate Research Scientists who have applied experience in Machine Learning, IR, and NLP. We are looking for creative individuals who can understand complex business problems, and who can develop scalable algorithms and prototypes to demonstrate the art of the possible. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team focusing on ensuring that the foundations of Thomson Reuters technologies are at or above the state-of-the-art. Our team has strong internal ties to product groups across TR as well as external ties to the research community.
As a Research Scientist, you will contribute directly to the algorithmic design, implementation and analysis of information-based products and services for professionals around the world. You will collaborate closely with other scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders to productionize your research into high-value business applications. At the same time, you will be able to maintain an active academic presence through research publications and conference attendance (i.e., NIPS, SIGIR, ACL, KDD, WSDM, AAAI, ICML, CIKM, etc.).
You have expertise in acquiring, processing, analyzing and modeling of information from massive amounts of textual and structured data. You should have experience with robust statistical NLP techniques for developing large scale. A track record of data-driven implementation and strong experimental design cannot be overemphasized. If you thrive on mastering new technical challenges and desire the opportunity to apply creative solutions to real-world problems, we want to hear from you!
- You will conduct applied Artificial Intelligence research using state-of-the-art methods in machine learning, natural language processing, and information retrieval.
- You will design, implement and validate algorithms at scale to solve challenging real-world problems.
- You will apply your scientific knowledge to analyze data, perform statistical analyses, identify problems, devise solutions and construct methodologies, including metrics and best practices, and conduct experiments to validate these.
- You will collaborate with other scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders to design and implement creative solutions to challenging problems.
Qualifications and Experience :
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or related field preferred; Master's degree with 2+ years of relevant industry experience will be considered; Senior or Lead positions will be considered commensurate with additional experience
- Proficient programming skills in a high-level language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, C/C++)
- Experience with statistical data analysis, experimental design, and hypotheses validation
- Familiarity with probabilistic modeling and an understanding of the mathematical concepts underlying machine learning methods
- Project-based experience with some of the following tools:
- Applied machine learning (e.g. Scikit-learn, libSVM, or similar)
- Deep learning (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Natural Language Processing (e.g., NLTK, NLP4J, OpenNLP spaCy, or similar)
- Statistical data analysis and experimental design (e.g., using Jupyter notebooks, R)
- Information retrieval and search engines (e.g. Solr/Lucene, Elastic Search)
- Distributed & cloud computing platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Azure)
- Databases (traditional and noSQL)
- Must be a self-motivated, curious, lifelong learner, who is passionate about solving problems for our customers
- Must be results-driven focus with the ability to prioritize deliverables that have the most significant, measurable impact
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top