Research Analyst with Turkish
World-Check is a Thomson Reuters Risk Management Solutions business unit. Our research provides intelligence about high risk individuals and organizations to the world's largest financial institutions and corporates. Our multinational and multilingual team in Gdynia is new and growing fast and we collaborate with our colleagues in other global locations on a daily basis. Research Analysts report to the Assistant Research Manager.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Our highly structured database helps our clients reduce financial, reputational and regulatory risk. As a Research Analyst you will monitor relevant online sources to identify and resolve these emerging risks through in-depth research and information analysis. Your gathered intelligence will support our clients and the World-Check team globally.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Monitoring, creating and maintaining profiles of heightened risk individuals and entities
- Identifying, capturing and managing regulatory and reputational risk to reduce incidents of financial crimes such as money laundering, fraud and corruption
- Using open-source research methodology (OSINT) to gather information in the public domain
- Become familiar and stay up to date with guidelines, policies and applicable laws to ensure accuracy and high quality of delivered work
- Timeous delivery on ongoing goals, tasks and projects
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Existing database maintenance
DURING THE FIRST 4 WEEKS AT WORK:
You will undergo a thorough onboarding program and attend trainings that will prepare you to perform your daily tasks efficiently and accurately. During the training period you will be tested to verify your knowledge and to feel confident about your skills and expertise.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Ability (or even a need) to practice English skills daily
- Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
Fluency in Turkish and advanced proficiency in English
Critical thinking and analytical skills
Competency in Microsoft Office Applications
Curiosity and eagerness to learn
Good organization and communication skills
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF
You have an awareness of the Turkish socio-political context
You have previous research and analysis experience
You have higher education
Please tell us about yourself and why you would like to join our team in a short motivational letter.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top