Research Analyst with German, World Check
World-Check is a Thomson Reuters Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) business unit which provides comprehensive solutions that connect our customers' business to the ever-changing regulatory environment. GRC serves audit, compliance, finance, legal, and risk professionals in industries impacted by regulatory change. The Research Analyst reports to the Assistant Research Manager and interacts with team members as well as colleagues within World-Check groups in various locations around the world.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
World-Check's services are used by organizations to identify and resolve regulatory, financial and reputational risk. You will be responsible for conducting analytical in-depth research to support the needs of the World Check team.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Monitoring, creating and maintaining profiles of heightened risk individuals and entities
- Identifying, capturing and managing regulatory and reputational risk to reduce incidents of financial crimes such as money laundering, fraud and corruption
- Using open-source research methodology (OSINT) to gather information in the public domain
- Becoming familiar and stay up to date with guidelines, policies and applicable laws to ensure accuracy and high quality of delivered work
- Timeous delivery on ongoing goals, tasks and projects
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Existing database maintenance
DURING THE FIRST 4 WEEKS AT WORK:
You will undergo a thorough onboarding program and attend trainings that will prepare you to perform your daily tasks efficiently and accurately. During the training period you will be tested to verify your knowledge and to feel confident about your skills and expertise.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Ability (or even a need) to practice English skills daily
- Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Fluency in German and advanced proficiency in English
- Good critical thinking, good analytical skills, excellent attention to details, eager to learn new things
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You have previous research and analysis experience
- You have higher education
- You have interest in news and global affairs
- Application to be accompanied by motivational letter
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top