We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Covering both primary and secondary credit markets for both IFR magazine and Thomson Reuters' real-time products, the reporter will break news and write analysis for IFR and Reuters. We are looking for a reporter who is comfortable talking to senior bankers, investors, traders and issuers. He or she must also be willing to develop strong relationships with other members of the IFR team across all asset classes and journalists within the Reuters Newswire.
- Proactive approach to generating credit market content written for expert and non-expert clients.
- Ensuring a daily flow of information on new issue news, pricing and market moves is covered efficiently and timely fashion.
- Breaking news on the real time credit service on IFR Markets platform and Reuters wire
- Exercising sound news judgment on what moves markets and why
- Establishing and maintaining close contact with bankers, traders and investors
- Contributing to the magazine's news and product sections
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of reporting, research or market experience covering or working in the credit market. A thorough knowledge and understanding of the credit markets.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Extensive network of sources in the finance market both on the sellside and buyside.
- Solid organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Foreign languages , especially continental European such as Spanish, French, Italian or German
- Masters preferable, educated to a degree level
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top