Regulatory Intelligence Expert
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Regulatory Intelligence Expert – UK/Europe
Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters business. It focuses on connecting our customers' business to the ever ever-changing regulatory environment, and client groups includes compliance, audit, legal and risk functions in financial services, law firms, accounting firms, regulators, insurance, energy and other industries undergoing regulatory change. The business has revenues of more than $130m and has over 1,200 employees located in major locations in London, New York, Washington D.C., Minnesota, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney. It is the world's largest dedicated GRC group and has over 10,000 customers. Industry expectations are that governance, risk and compliance market will grow rapidly worldwide over the next few years, and the creation of this business unit positions Thomson Reuters very strongly to take advantage of these increasing opportunities. The business is expected to grow at double digits or more over the next five years.
In this high profile role, the senior regulatory intelligence expert will be predominantly responsible for providing insightful and practical analysis of current and future regulatory developments for compliance and risk management professionals through the Regulatory Intelligence and Compliance Complete solutions. The successful candidate will have a background in regulation or compliance within the financial services industry.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Analysing regulatory developments and writing detailed articles which provide both insight into the impact of those developments and the practical implications for financial services firms.
- Contributing to special reports with extensive research and insight into topical regulatory developments facing the financial services compliance profession.
- Representing Thomson Reuters and the Regulatory Intelligence Team in industry and customer events including conferences, webinars and expert panels.
- Providing expertise on regulatory developments to internal customers including sales and marketing teams.
- Advising product development teams on the design of solutions to support the management of regulatory risk.
The applicant must be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and should have a strong interest in compliance, financial regulations and managing regulatory risk. Qualifications in finance, law, compliance or audit would be an advantage as would membership of relevant industry and professional bodies.
There is potential for flexibility in location and hours
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A deep understanding of financial regulation, governance, risk and compliance and the expectations of regulatory supervisors (in the UK, Europe and internationally).
- Solid experience within a senior compliance role within a financial services firm or regulator.
- Ability to analyse and interpret the impact and implications of regulatory developments and communicate these clearly in writing and verbally to internal and external customers.
- A deep understanding of compliance processes and workflows that operate within financial services firms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound editorial judgement, a high standard of literacy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-keeping to meet multiple daily and longer-term deadlines
- Ability to work independently in an outcome-oriented environment with minimal supervision
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional accounting, compliance, risk management, legal or audit qualification
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Visio and presentational tools or software.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top