Regional Service Manager
The Service Management group resides within the Technology Operations function within Refinitiv. It provides operational end-to-end service ownership and support, and manages incident, problem and change management processes.
The Service Manager (SM) is accountable for service management throughout the service lifecycle and for providing expert input into incident resolution, problem management and change planning. The Service Manager focuses on the customer experience, ensuring that providers and capabilities meet agreed levels. The Service Manager also champions a culture of continuous service improvement.
- 2-5 years relevant technology domain experience, ideally across a range of technologies with some background in supporting trading, analytics, risk and data services.
- Provide leadership and driving pro-active and re-active mobilisation of resources in a matrix environment.
- Inspire trust, manage expectations, and gain sponsorship with business, technology and senior leadership teams.
- Service ownership in alignment with customer propositions and products.
- Member of the incident management process, available 24x7 for major incidents.
- Ensure resources are mobilised.
- Drive incident mitigations and be accountable for decisions relating to service recovery.
- Provide clear and timely communication to senior leadership in the event of a major incident.
- Ensure incident reports are clear and concise.
Change and Release Management
- Change risk review and acceptance.
- Knowledge of the forward schedule of change; understand the impact to service and work with teams to drive prioritisation and planning.
- Advise on change best practices, such as risk mitigation, roll back and planning.
- Prioritization of non-functional requirements within product releases.
- Proactively assess trend and risks to identify problem areas.
- Work with virtual teams to drive problem remediation and preventative actions.
- Ensure root cause analysis is performed by appropriate teams.
- Ensure appropriate levels of capacity management (tactical and strategic) are in place.
- Sponsor remediation activities, ensuring momentum is maintained.
- Advise on service operability requirements related to service resilience investment.
- Ensure appropriate availability measures are in place, analyse data and report against targets.
- Provide recommendations and sponsorship of availability improvements.
- Contribute to service policy and governance for standard recovery and technical best practices.
- Planning, testing and execution of regular continuity and resilience tests.
- Validating that design meets business and compliance requirements.
Continuous Service Improvement
- Lead discussions around Continuous Service Improvement.
- Create and maintain a Service Improvement Plan for key services.
- Constantly update and manage a pipeline of CSI activities.
- Provide clear advice to decision makers in technical and business teams on the appropriate course of action to manage service risk.
- Ensure appropriate levels of risk assessment are taking place before key decisions are made.
- Manage the Service Availability Risk Register for assigned services and ensure agreed actions are tracked and focus is maintained to close risks.
Governance and Compliance
- Ensure alignment to technology and security policies.
- Engage in governance process discussions and provide feedback on improvements.
- Report and communicate service performance to business, technology leaders and internal / external customers.
- Write and/or approve customer service statements.
- Manage relationships and performance of one or more third-parties that provide service to Refinitiv.
Service Manager Competencies
- Technical and/or business degree.
- Passionate about improving service to internal and external customers.
- Leadership and the ability to mobilize resources in a matrix environment.
- Able to maintain calm during high-pressure situations.
- Drive pro-active action and thinking.
- Structured and organized.
- Able to grasp complex technical concepts and language.
- Self-driven, willing to ask questions and use information to proactively effect change.
- Able to think through complex issues and propose alternative solutions to problems.
- Firm understanding of the financial services industry and its products.
- Understanding and experience of the various functions within operations and development.
- Customer facing experience or experience within Refinitiv customers.
- Awareness of information security threats and considerations.
- Balancing risk with business requirements.
- Group and targeted communications
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America
Back to top