Regional Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Asia
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The regional head of diversity & Inclusion involves supporting, facilitating and promoting the Thomson Reuters Diversity and Inclusion agenda within the respective region (APAC). This individual will be in charge of running an agenda that is multifaceted and exists outside of any departmental boundaries. This role gives scope to the imaginative and you will be in charge of ensuring that the company's diversity agenda is given proper consideration and weight across the entire Thomson Reuters business. The post holder will be responsibility for raising the profile of diversity and inclusion and engaging with leaders from across the business to work with them to establish plans and actions to embed diversity and inclusion within business policy and practices. There is huge scope in this role to make a difference, and you will have the responsibility to drive this cause.
- Shape, implement and lead the regional Diversity & Inclusion agenda in close collaboration with senior leadership across your respective region.
- Lead and support the development of a cross-functional, cross-business long term strategy to ensure a diverse and inclusive organization.
- Plan, execute, and deliver global programs and KPIs in support of this long term strategy.
- Provide thought leadership across the business to support the global CR&I team objectives.
- Build capability across HR and BUs around diversity, inclusion, cultural competency, implicit bias and other key areas.
- Manage relationships to frame key strategic issues and support implementation of recommendations.
- Support and lead functional management tasks including training, development, recruitment, community building.
- Oversee and represent company with strategic partnerships including sponsorships, research and thought leadership.
- Increase overall employee awareness and engagement relating to Diversity & Inclusion.
- 10 years of experience in diversity and inclusion
- University degree or equivalent preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to clearly present information in a variety of different formats to all levels of the organization in a variety of settings, both internally and externally
- Strong ability to build senior relationships and influence all levels within organization
- Manage multiple key strategic projects and initiatives simultaneously including project management and strategic direction
- Deep understanding of diversity, equality and inclusion from both an academic and corporate/consulting setting
- Strong track record of delivery of complex multi discipline change programs, including culture change and high-performance teams
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work in partnership with multiple stakeholders across the business
- Experience setting, managing and monitoring the budget for this CoE
- Work experience in a large, global organization
- Adept at public speaking
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top