Regional Editor - Asia
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Regional Editor – Asia will be responsible for providing leadership and direction across the news file for the Asia region within Reuters.
- Set the editorial direction for the Asia region by developing a winning coverage strategy on critical stories.
- Effectively compete and win on the top stories in the region.
- Implement new ways of storytelling and provide innovative thinking to deliver the story in the most effective way for clients.
- Ensure top quality journalism across all topics: P&G, Finance, Companies, Markets, Treasury etc.
- Ensure our journalists write stories that look skeptically at the conventional wisdom and stimulate discussion while adhering to the highest journalistic ethics as set out in the Trust Principles.
- Comply enthusiastically with the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles of integrity, independence, and freedom from bias.
- Effectively communicate the Reuters mission, with enhanced emphasis on collaboration across the entire Reuters organization and between News and the business units we serve.
- Manage costs carefully in all areas, while making more strategic use of existing resources in concert with TR business strategies.
- Implement Sharper File news strategy in the region.
- Represent Reuters and Thomson Reuters regularly at external events.
- Lead, motivate and inspire journalists in the region.
- Take personal responsibility for management and development of the regional EIC's and Bureau Chiefs in the region.
- Know and develop your high performers and rigorously manage underperformance both in your immediate team and the region as a whole.
- Ensure that in conjunction with your direct reports there is a comprehensive succession plan for the region for all critical roles
- Develop effective working relationships with senior managers, general managers, other regional editors, business colleagues, the media organization, HR and Finance.
- Uphold corporate policy and exhibit ethical behavior.
Leading the File
- Outstanding journalistic ability – Must have an extensive track record of high performance reporting to Reuters standards and principles. Excellent news judgment and in depth knowledge and deep expertise of the news file.
- Innovative/Creative – Can implement new ways of storytelling and provide innovative thinking to deliver the story in the most effective way for clients (Both long and short form). Must also demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness leading the day to day editorial operation.
- Leadership – Experience of leading large teams with the ability to create a high-performance culture by managing effectively, differentiating performance, developing talent, and building diverse teams. Can also lead and manage change.
- Collaboration - A role model to other Editors and Bureau Chiefs, with a track record of developing effective working relationships with senior managers, general managers, other regional editors, business colleagues, HR and Finance.
Leading the Business of News
- Strategic –Must be able to articulate and implement a wider strategic editorial plan for both day to day coverage and the big stories in their region. Must be able to see the big picture whilst managing competing coverage priorities and show decisiveness and superb judgement to achieve this.
- Customer Focus - Track record of working with clients and other areas of Thomson Reuters to make changes within the Reuters organization and meet current and future customer needs and requirements
Reuters News Statement:
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top