Quality Control Team Lead
Thomson Reuters (TR) is building a Service that will ensure that the global financial
community can clearly identify who its corporate customers are, in order to fulfill
regulations designed to combat financial crime. This is a very rare opportunity to
join a business which is being built specifically to fulfill a known requirement of the
regulated community, with whom we are already engaged, ensuring the Service
conforms to their needs. Additionally Thomson Reuters has the capabilities; the
assets and the funding that should enable it to be first to market.
We are establishing a brand new business that will meet the needs of its clients and
This is a business that:
- Delivers service with integrity and in a collaborative way so as to build trust at all levels of engagement
- Is customer obsessed
- Aspires to gain the respect of clients and peers, and in turn attract the best talent
- Conducts business in a pro-active, conscientious, transparent and professional manner
- Is committed to deliver excellent service
- Always looks to empower others and nurture an environment of learning
- Continually challenges itself to do things, better, faster and in a way that does not reduce quality, whilst generating profits for the firm.
- The new leadership roles are integral to ensuring that the new organisation flourishes. The roles are designed to; Lead and encourage excellent performance from colleagues & embed a client focused and commercially sound operating model
- To lead, motivate and coach a team of Quality Control Specialists (QC) who are engaged in reviewing and quality checking end-clients reviews.
- To monitor and report on the performance of the Service (according to the Policy and recognized procedures) and team members who provide the Service, against recognized KPIs.
- To manage the delivery of timely and accurately completed KYC records in line with policy and processes and client expectations.
- To drive quality improvement culture, proactively identify areas for development within the Team and within the Org ID landscape to ensure exquisite customer service.
(Activities and tasks)
Leads a team of Quality Control Specialists:
- Motivates the team to successful delivery
- Manages team performance against team members' personal and team objectives
- Coaches team members' to improve their knowledge or develop their skills
- Provides team and individual support on a day to day basis.
- Actively work on integration and inclusion of team members outside of the own location
Draws on own knowledge on Anti Money Laundering:
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the general AML/CTF matters, the KYC Policy and other relevant procedures that assure Service delivery.
- Assists with queries arising from Case Managers, QA or QC colleagues
- Drives expertise on clients' requirements
- Provides a point of escalation, as well as support and resolution for the team:
- Assists team members with more difficult and complex QC reviews
- Ensures any training and personal development areas are properly addressed
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders e.g. Case Management Team
- Leads, Case Management Lead to facilitate resolution
- Provides short-term solutions (including "workarounds") in line with business goals
Monitors and reports on the Service and own team members' contributions to the
- Understands and facilitates team delivery against essential KPIs and
- other metrics
- Seeks out any recurring themes that are impacting team or individual performance
- Recognizes analysis and facilitates training needs in conjunction with e.g. other team leads
- Collaborates with Case Management Team Leads to ensure smooth process flow
- Understands and adopt project management principles to deliver detailed Quality Control plans
- Builds positive relations across different locations
Drives client service excellence:
- Ensures achievement of the quality level agreed with the clients
- Manages relationships with all relevant parties related to the clients in scope from Quality Assurance (QA), Case Management (CS),
- Subject Matter Experts and Client Liaison
- Facilitates appropriate resources to meet specific client needs
- Manages additional projects related to Quality Management
Undertakes timely and accurate quality checks on records:
- Using workflow tool and KYC management application (GoldTier)
- Creates and maintains appropriate KYC records
- Drives quality improvement among the Org ID:
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and suggest mitigation activities
- Manage projects aiming at quality improvement
- Prepares quality results analysis, monitor errors and seeks for trends
- Proactively contributes to the improvement of the quality management framework
- Manages risk within the Quality Control area
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Quality Control Team Lead:
- Reports to the Quality Control Lead
- Coaches and mentors own team of QC Specialists
- Builds productive relationships and works closely with Org ID colleagues, especially other Case Management Team Leads, Quality Assurance, SMEs, Client Liaison and Policy
(Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Previous AML/CTF , Quality Management and Team Management experience
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to get to the root cause and suggest solutions
- Seeing the 'big picture' and being able to identify trends and dependencies
- Enhanced cross divisional collaborating skills
- Open to others, appreciating multi cultural workplace and focused on teamwork
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Working fluently in English and another language (preferred)
- Experience of working in Microsoft applications at intermediate level
- Sound understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Thorough knowledge of the Org ID Policy and related procedures (if applying internally)
- It is useful if candidates are able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- AML/CTF certification (CAMS, ICA)
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top