Quality Control Specialist - Financial & Risk
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Quality Control Specialist, KYCaaS
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
You will join the very dynamic environment of Risk Management Solutions team at Thomson Reuters. The team was created in 2015 with around 5 colleagues. Today we are close to 400 and growing. We've evolved from a single team into a complex department that offers four career paths and a number of development opportunities.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
At Risk Management Solutions we bring the answer to one of the most essential business question: do you really know your customer?
Our job is to ensure that the global financial community can clearly identify their corporate customers and fulfill regulations designed to fight against money laundering and financing of terrorism. On daily basis we do research on companies' identity.
You will be the one to ensure that the information we provide can be relied on by our clients (mostly banks and financial institutions) to allow them to assess risk associated with researched companies timely and correctly.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- To ensure timely delivery of KYC records in line with policy, processes and client expectations
- To perform final checks of the company profiles and making sure they are prepared with agreed quality level
- To advise and support less experienced colleagues in meeting the expected quality standards
- To recognize opportunities for continuous process improvement
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Good knowledge and understanding of Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- At least 2 years of previous KYC (Know Your Customer)/CDD (Customer Due Diligence) work experience
- Diligence, advanced analytical skills and commitment to high working standards
- Ability to find the root cause and suggest solutions
- Openness to others, appreciating multi-cultural workplace and focusing on teamwork
- Well-developed communication and advisory skills
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You already have some experience in quality control/internal control/audit
- You have a master degree in Economics/Finance or Financial Mathematics or equivalent education/experience
- You know any additional, foreign languages
- You have AML certification (e.g. ICA, ACAMS)
- You have experience in working with various business environments.
- You have experience in any of the recognized project management protocols
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension scheme, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top