Quality Assurance Specialist
Thomson Reuters (TR) is building a Service that will ensure that the global financial community can clearly identify who its corporate customers are, in order to fulfill regulations designed to combat financial crime. This is a very rare opportunity to join a business which is being built specifically to fulfill a known requirement of the regulated community, with whom we are already engaged, ensuring the Service conforms to their needs. Additionally Thomson Reuters has the capabilities; the assets and the funding that should enable it to be first to market.
We are establishing a brand new business that will meet the needs of its clients and service users. This is a business that:
- Delivers service with integrity and in a collaborative way so as to build trust at all levels of engagement
- Is customer obsessed
- Aspires to gain the respect of clients and peers, and in turn attract the best talent
- Conducts business in a pro-active, conscientious, transparent and professional manner
- Is committed to deliver excellent service
- Always looks to empower others and nurture an environment of learning
- Continually challenges itself to do things, better, faster and in a way that does not reduce quality, whilst generating profits for the firm.
- To control (in conjunction with colleagues) the quality and potential risks to the Operations business process against the Policy (and agreed Procedures), from inception to conclusion, while recognising the need for continuous improvement and iterative processing.
- To be part of the team that meets and delivers against agreed quality control mechanisms e.g. review or sampling cycles, team coaching, essential to the delivery of quality assured outcomes.
- To manage the delivery of timely and accurate KYC records in line with policy and processes and client expectations.
(Activities and tasks)
Engages with Operations team colleagues and promotes quality targets and metrics at every opportunity (in conjunction with the Case Managament Team Lead):
- Recommends relevant control mechanisms to assure "end to end" process
- Creates a culture of review, control and improve through regular feedback
- Communicates effectively with all key stakeholders.
Utilises formal and informal feedback mechanisms and channels:
- Reviews Operations team performance (activity by activity, process by process) against the Policy, operating procedures, quality targets and metrics
- Identifies, records and reports on poor quality records, failures and process inefficiencies
- Maximises feedback opportunities to control and assure quality.
Audits and analyses performance against targets then discusses outcomes and future needs with the Case Management Team Lead:
- Distributes feedback reports to relevant stakeholders
- Recommends quality enhancements.
Liaises with colleagues across the business e.g. to build productive relationships that improve Operations performance against quality targets set.
Collects essential data and collaborates with Quality Assurance team colleagues to publish integrated and relevant reports that demonstrate:
- Optimum quality achievements
- Operations quality targets met (or failed)
- Frequently occurring failures (single events or process inefficiencies) with remediation recommendations.
Understands and adopts project management principles to deliver detailed Quality Assurance plans, then delivers against those plans.
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Quality Assurance Specialist:
- Reports to the Case Management Team Lead, Accelus Org ID
- Builds productive relationships across Operations and in particular with Quality Assurance team colleagues
- Works closely with all Accelus Org ID colleagues especially those engaged in Case Management, Operational Excellence, , Knowledge and Training Management and Policy
(Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- A strong track record of:
- Meeting quality targets and controlling business process output quality e.g. contributing to quality reviews and detailing recommendations
- Analysing and categorising root causes with options for remediation
- Working with the detail to solve complex process and activity challenges
- Organised delivery (with decisive and well-supported outcomes) against varying business demands
- Thriving in complex and fast-paced environments
- Demonstrating adaptability.
- Good KYC (Know Your Customer) knowledge and understanding with exposure to AML and financial crime
- Well-developed face to face and written communication skills
- Good relationship building skills:
- Understands and delivers stakeholder engagement
- Engages with colleagues
- Maintains the quality control dialogue.
- Well-developed organisational skills with capability to motivate self and others to achieve Quality Assurance goals.
- Eagerness to keep knowledge and understanding of quality control/quality assurance and KYC up to date.
It is useful if candidates are able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of managed services
- Experience of recognised project management protocols.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top