We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: QA Manager; reporting to the Transactions Integration Manager (TIM).
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The primary purpose of the role is the Line management of the System Integration Test (SIT) team and co-ordination with other quality delivery teams (including other teams reporting to the TIM) developing plans that prioritize the quality workload and demands across parallel initiatives.
The role acts as a focal point for quality delivery of production FX transaction services and plays a key part in the governance of overall quality-related activities including management of support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major projects.
The role carries responsibility for assigning work, allocating resources (people and systems), monitoring results and controlling costs within the team. Managing the QA aspects of the Thomson Reuters integration process and ensuring the right resource is available at the right time with the right skills; you will be responsible for recruitment to support this. You will be expected to provide leadership to team leaders/ lead engineers in such a way that develops a work culture promoting the development and retention of high quality people.
You will be required to actively contribute to the ongoing development of project process, tools and techniques such that they align with company organizational, technical and commercial requirements.
You will have responsibility for ensuring the quality of FX transactions services delivered into production achieve the necessary quality thresholds and that any risks are identified and managed. Regular reporting of project status through the SIT phase is a critical aspect of this role.
You will actively collaborate across functional streams and with other test groups involved in projects and support the delivery life cycle to ensure the ultimate delivery of a quality product, minimizing any negative business impact.
You will need to stay current with industry trends and identify technologies that will impact the business and work with the TIM to help ensure the SIT team leverages technical solutions on assigned projects.
Promoting a customer-aware culture within QA to create trust and credibility with stakeholders/user community and work with them to identify issues that may impact them.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Working with third parties, both internal and external to understand and resolve application issues.
- Establishing the QA project milestones that reflect realistic and achievable delivery of the necessary QA activities
- Establishing the resource management models to underpin and manage the delivery of these milestones.
- Managing changes in project circumstance or business requirements to ensure a revised bid, technical solution or budget is presented so that projected business benefits are realized.
- Communicating team changes to internal stakeholders and team members, ensuring individuals are clear on their responsibilities.
- Preparing presentations for the stakeholder community.
- Communicating bi-directionally between teams and upper management, as well as across groups.
- Establishing and continuously evolving best practice within the QA function, establishing and maintaining testing infrastructure, including quality tools and environments.
SCOPE & IMPACT
This is a global role in that it supports the delivery of the SIT phase of all FX Transaction projects.
You will need to provide cost estimates (people resources, equipment & time) for the SIT team activities, across multiple projects/programs.
Most decisions are made independently but will receive strategic guidance and direction from the TIM.
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
- Critical relationships that will need development and maintenance with all of the following;
- Development Managers; Product business owners; Stakeholders and user community; Product Capability Managers; Operations Delivery Managers; HR; Product Deployment Managers; Client Relationship Management; Project offices; Operation Problem Managers and support groups i.e. help desks; Service Owners.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience of successfully managing an integration test function engaged on parallel execution of large scale, interdependent delivery programs with the following competences;
- Knowledge and understanding of testing principles associated with different development methodologies.
- Proactive team leader in global dynamic environments.
- Capable of motivating and energizing others, as well as gaining their respect.
- Passionate about new knowledge.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyse risks and balance short-term need with strategic aims.
- Sensitivity to different behaviors within the project framework.
- Ability to bring together people with different viewpoints and cultural values.
- Develops strategies for achieving positive change and improvements
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top