Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add a QA Engineer to our new World-Check One team at our new Technology Centre in Toronto, Ontario. We have recently announced the expansion of our Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new Technology Center will be the preeminent hub of innovation. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, starting with an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new Centre.
The Test Engineer should have the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects are key. The Test Engineer will also contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- 1-2 years experience coding automation tests or similar in Java or other Object Oriented languages
- Experience with Web Services testing
- Proficient and have a solid understanding of Selenium
- A strong understanding of techniques for exploratory testing
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and guidance to achieve goals
- Understanding of both black box and white box test approaches
- Managing code and changes in a team environment to include experience with source control utilities, such as Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Comfortable designing acceptance test criteria for user stories and development tasks
- Other experience a plus, to include: Performance Tests (load, soak, stress), gattling, FIT, React
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top