Why is this job important?
Reuters News Agency engineering team develops business-critical applications and services for the Reuters news organization. We provide publishers and broadcasters with news text, photos, and video over both Internet and satellite, and we also provide web-scale hosted content solution to digital publishers.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Work with technical and non-technical team members such as Product Managers, Project Managers, Software Developers, and Customer Service & Support to ensure high quality outcome of all product deliverables
- Create, maintain, and execute system tests - both manually and automated
- Report deviations of quality to the Global Head of Product Quality
- Detect defects and create informative bug reports and effectively follow up on bug closure
- Advise the team on major issues to product quality
- Create test reports detailing all bugs and issues found in each test iteration
- Keep the QA systems updated with relevant data and configurations to ensure effective test coverage
- Must be able to work on more than one time sensitive project at a time
- Be proactive about testing, test coverage, and resolving issues
Qualifications - What do you need to bring?
- Specific knowledge and understanding of internet protocols and web technologies
- Specific knowledge and experience working with test automation tools and frameworks
- Ability to work with software developers and discuss technical issues in detail
- Specific knowledge and experience working with web services and RESTFUL APIs
- Specific knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Specific working knowledge of performance and load testing tools
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development
- Familiarity with Source Control and CD/CI systems such as Git and Jenkins
- Ability to create effective test plans
- Ability to write effective test cases (manual and automated)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them in to test cases
- At least 5 years of test engineering experience
- Current or former software developer who loves testing
- Current or former experience in media and/or news delivery systems
- Experience with satellite technologies
- Experience in broadcast media and video standards
- Job in an international, dynamic environment
- Intensive training package
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives.
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top