Prudential Risk Manager, RTSL - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Business Unit: Financial & Risk - FX - F&R
Thomson Reuters FX business is a leading, independent source of trusted foreign exchange market insight, electronic trading venues, workflow management, and post-trade and regulatory support for buy- and sell-side market participants. It includes Reuters Transactions Services Limited ("RTSL"), an FCA-regulated company based in the UK, as well as other regulated entities based outside of the UK.
Position Title: Prudential Risk Manager, RTSL
Location: London - Canary Wharf
Requisition No: JREQ092878
Posting end date : 30th April 2018
Reporting to the Global Head of Finance, Trading, the Prudential Risk Manager will be responsible for the management of prudential risk for RTSL and for other regulated entities within the Trading business as required.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Driving all aspects of RTSL's prudential risk management and compliance, ensuring these are embedded within the operating rhythm and decision-making of the business and closely linked with strategy and operations
- Interpreting prudential and risk financial services regulation applicable to RTSL both within the UK and worldwide and judging how those regulations should be applied
- Horizon-scanning for regulatory change, assessing the impact on RTSL of those changes and initiating projects to implement change
- Engaging internally with F&R Compliance and Government Affairs, and externally with trade bodies, on matters of regulatory change
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures to manage risk types identified in SYSC, IFPRU and CRD IV (and any successor regulations)
- Conducting assessments of RTSL's compliance with prudential risk and regulatory requirements
- Carrying out the necessary stress tests and analyses, including reverse stress testing, with the support of the F&R Finance team
- Producing and maintaining all prudential regulatory documentation as required by RTSL's regulators e.g. ICAAP, stress tests, reverse stress tests, Recovery & Resolution Plans, liquidity policy and winding down plan
- Working with the F&R Finance Team to ensure regulatory financial resource and capital adequacy requirements are fulfilled
- Providing training to the RTSL Board and Risk Committee on prudential regulatory requirements e.g. ICAAP
- Liaising with the F&R Compliance team to report/notify the FCA of any prudential reporting/ breach reporting requirements
- Working with HR Reward, F&R Compliance and Legal and any relevant committees in other prudential regulatory matters
- Assessing prudential regulatory requirements for new jurisdictions, including the application process
- Involvement in ad hoc risk management projects as required
The successful candidate will work closely with F&R Finance, F&R Compliance, the RTSL Risk Committee and the RTSL Board, as well as teams from the broader F&R Trading business and Thomson Reuters organisation.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- UK Regulatory Experience, specifically in relation to prudential regulation
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly motivated and pro-active self starter
- Ability to deal with complexity and show attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Good collaborator, able to work effectively across a large organisation
- Ability to influence
- Delivery-focused, able to manage multiple deliverables to deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of the FX/Fixed Income industry gained from working within a regulated firm or a regulator
- Background in accounting and/or financial regulatory reporting
- Degree level
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top