Proposition Manager, Elektron as a Service
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Proposition Manager, Elektron as a Service
Product or Service:
Our Enterprise business is a highly strategic, critical component of our overall Financial and Risk business. The Enterprise business includes our realtime market data feeds, tick history and analytics, supported by hosted and deployed delivery options and critical platform components enabling the ingestion, management and distribution of our content across financial services firms.
This new role is to create a next-generation suite of services to support our highly successful data feeds, including cloud-based services.
This role supports the Head of Elektron as a Service Proposition by developing the strategy and vision for Elektron as a Service in line with the overall Enterprise Proposition Strategy. The role articulates the short, medium and long term goals for the business supporting that strategy, driving execution.
There will be particular focus on developing the strategy and commercial opportunity for new, cloud-based, "as a service" offerings to complement our data proposition.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
There are three success factors for this role:
Define and articulate the strategy for Elektron as a Service ensuring that our clients and our employees understand, support and engage with that strategy Drive the horizontal, supporting functions to deliver on the goals presented by the strategy. Turn the strategy into plans and deliverables for supporting functions to execute Be an effective thought-leader and champion for the business, internally and externally
- Lead the research, creation, development and launch of "as a service" propositions for Elektron as a Service, supporting our data feed business and increasing the range of services available to our customers in hosted or service-based models
- Ensure that the new propositions complement and grow our overall client proposition across Elektron and Enterprise
- Create, drive and grow revenue for the proposition.
- Ongoing optimization of the proposition to achieve commercial and strategic goals of the business.
- Articulation to internal and external stakeholders on the strategy and roadmap.
- Senior representative of the proposition internally and externally
- End-to-end management of the proposition on a global basis across all relevant Thomson Reuters functions.
- Drive innovation and differentiation across new and existing propositions to both better address
- current and future client needs.
- Influence client communications and go to market strategies for new product developments and
- Assess whether goals are best accomplished by building, buying or entering into partnership in order to address market/technical requirements, alongside time-to-market considerations.
- Support business teams as required for key client presentations and strategy updates.
- Ensure communication and collaboration across verticals, including client requirement vetting and feedback gathering on new and existing propositions.
- Drive product and technology integration and represent segment on strategic initiatives, including business planning and budgeting.
- Continue to challenge, grow and upgrade the proposition organization.
Scope and Impact
- This is a global role, with responsibility for strategy and associated P&L opportunities.
- This is a senior individual contributor role and will require extensive collaboration across the Enterprise Proposition team and other supporting teams.
- Revenue growth, prioritisation and budgeting for Elektron as a Service
- Experience in managing the following types of relationships:
- External clients
- External vendors
- Business Unit / Segment Leaders
- Technical experts
- Sales and Marketing
- Business Development
- Application and Customer Support
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Understanding and experience of creating and supporting "as a service" propositions
- Proven ability to establish a broad proposition vision and take ideas from concept through to
- successful release
- Ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends in public cloud
- Proficiency in product commercialization
- Proven ability to lead and manage a virtual team
- Superior client engagement skills, including proven ability to build and manage senior client
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and drive change
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong track record of executing on strategy involving global, horizontal teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand commercial, technological and strategic drivers in order to
- define and execute strategy
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with "as a service" commercial models
- Experience in working in a business enabled by public cloud
- Significant industry experience involving more than one major/discrete target client segment
- Demonstrated prior experience setting and executing on the strategy for propositions
- Prior P&L experience preferred
- Collaborating across Boundaries
- Focusing on Customers
- Setting Direction
- Championing Innovation
- Driving Results
- University degree preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top