Project Manager - Technology
The Productivity,Research and Litigation Solutions (PRLS) PMO is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated,results-driven Technology Project Manager who combines exemplarycommunication skills and stakeholder management with technical acumen andproactive leadership for the position of Technology Project Manager. Thisindividual will provide project management for a wide range of global projectsand initiatives. This position will be responsible for project managing thesuccessful and timely delivery of multi-faceted projects.
These projects can bemedium to large, highly visible, and cross-functional in nature and can requirecollaboration with a variety of business and technology areas and involvemultiple global businesses and project teams. This position serves as akey leader responsible for planning and implementing technology programs and projectsfor business critical projects and initiatives. These programs and projectsare large, high visibility, and cross-functional in nature.
- Manage all aspects of Project life cycle to facilitate the successful delivery, as well as the metrics for reporting to the executive team.
- Providing proactive leadership, work direction and feedback to the project leads and teams.
- Establish detailed project plans and metrics, work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports. Identity project risks/gaps and create risk mitigation plans.
- Assemble cross-functional teams and assign individual responsibilities. Provide project leadership, work direction, and feedback. Influence the work of others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met, and issues and risks are communicated.
- Communicate and report status to executives, global business partners and all other key stakeholders e.g., Status Reports, Executive Briefings, etc.
- Building high quality, collaborative working relationships with executives, technology partners, customers and all other relevant individuals and groups.
- Other duties/projects as required based on situational requirements and needs of the business.
- Establish best practices including standards and process.
- Execute broader departmental initiatives and programs
- Actively partner in the portfolio management process, providing high-level scoping, estimating and planning of related initiatives in the PRLS portfolio.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor degree required in Business, Technology, or Operations Management or similar field or equivalent experience
- Seven-plus years related experience, including at least 4 years of project management experience with implementation of large scale, cross-functional projects in a technology environment
- Demonstrated achievements in planning, directing and implementing projects on time, within budget and with desired functionality
- Ability to be broadly focused and manage multiple efforts concurrently
- Ability to allow sufficient independence while maintaining alignment and overall direction
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization; including staff, business stakeholders, and all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including with Executive audiences
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to learn quickly and immediately apply new knowledge
- Ability to work in fast-paced, changing, and ambiguous environments
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge and/or experience in information security topics, tools and applications.
- Familiarity with work/requirements tracking software such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Masters or advanced degree in computer science, business, or related field
- Broad knowledge of WestlawNext systems, Content systems, and Thomson Reuters Content
- PMP certification preferred or thorough knowledge and demonstrated execution of project management methodology including documentation.
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top