Project Manager (Go-to-Market)
Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Position Title: Project Manager (Go-to-Market)
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
This role focuses on planning, coordinating and implementing the Go-To-Market (GTM) activities to ensure customer and operational readiness and to drive proposition and product launches, enhancements and/or other strategic changes e.g. to commercial policy that directly impact the customer experience through all interactions with Thomson Reuters.
The role is responsible for drafting, coordinating and driving the execution of GTM plans across a large group of GTM stakeholders with a focus on making the change a smooth and positive experience for customers. The role will demonstrate key competencies in planning, project management, stakeholder engagement, customer focus and driving results.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Execute business change, GTM, migration and launch plans to meet the strategic objectives of the Thomson Reuters Legal UK & Ireland business.
- Plan, co-ordinate and drive cross functional team activities to:
- Ensure that our customers are kept informed about product launches and or updates, how each launch or update will affect them and when the changes which affect them will occur.
- Enable our customers to trial, subscribe, access and use the new or updated products and propositions.
- Ensure that we (Thomson Reuters) have the appropriate tools, processes and people in place to be able to support our customers' access to and use of the new or updated products and propositions.
- Reporting progress regularly to stakeholders as required.
- Monitor risks and issues and mitigate impact.
The role will operate in a matrix environment with no direct reports, and will need to build relationships, communicate closely with and influence the following individuals and teams throughout the organisation globally:
- Product Managers
- Programme Management
- PMO & Project Managers
- Business Systems and Operations
- Customer Service and Support
- Customer Training
- Product Managers
- Strategy and Segments
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Excellent ability to create plans and execute against them through to completion.
- Excellent ability to engage and communicate with a variety of stakeholders across business functions units.
- Proven ability to leverage, motivate and influence cross-functional teams in a large, matrixed organisation.
- Experience of demonstrating a high degree of diplomacy, collaboration and influence in complex and often competing situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, time management and team building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively highly complex ideas and issues to multiple organisational levels including executive.
- Experience in managing business and organisational change.
- Excellent ability to identify risks or issues in the GTM space and work with teams and stakeholders to resolve or mitigate these.
- Experience working with and good understanding of core GTM functions (see Key Relationships).
- Ability to understand and incorporate customer viewpoint into planning is essential. This role is critical to supporting our customers and ensuring a smooth customer experience.
- Excellent operators as the role will require the role to ensure business and operational readiness.
- Commercial experience is advantageous.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in project managing and driving complex projects to deliver business goals.
- Familiar with structured project management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2, Agile PM).
- Commercial experience strongly desirable.
- Good analytical and process improvement/business transformation skills.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Graduate calibre.
- Advanced training, accreditation in project management is advantageous.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top