The role will build strong customer relationships with key individuals and teams across Elite and our clients in China. The Project Manager is accountable for definition and delivery of Elite projects (3E and Mattersphere); 3E is a financial ERP and Mattersphere is a matter management and workflow system targeted to professional services organizations, particularly law firms. This role will provide leadership throughout the project life-cycle to the project team and ensure that team members are motivated, develop their skills and experience and are effective as a team. The Project Manager is the primary client contact during implementations and is responsible for client satisfaction of same.
- Delivers projects within budget, agreed timeline and scope, with quality; prepares regular status and financial reporting to the client; executes regular status meetings with the client and project team; manages day-to-day client relationship.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Champions the Elite Project Quality Methodology and the Express Services Package Methodology, both based on PMI principles, and ensures there project governance is put in place throughout all project phases
- Provides thought leadership on appropriateness of tools and process as relates to project goals.
- Modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance.
- Plans and manages project activity to maximize commercial return for the company, ensuring a focus on minimizing lost and non-billable time.
- Ensures any change orders arising are discussed well in advance to ensure the customer's expectations are managed effectively, and that the Sales account manager is engaged.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all internal project management reports including milestone, backlog/financial forecast, resource forecast, status and other reports, as requested.
- Ensures accuracy in relation to recording of all time and expense related to the project, and the accurate and timely billing of same to the customer.
- Manages their own time effectively to maximize utilization and to balance demands from multiple projects.
- Meets individual contributor targets for billable hours, utilization, etc. as set from time to time.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- PMP or willingness to obtain PMP within one year of start date
- 1 to 2 years managing some or all phases of financial and front office software implementations with team of 1 to 5 producing revenue of $50k to $500k or more
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle, preferably gained by having undertaken multiple project roles over their career.
- Solid knowledge, understanding and experience of financial operations (GL, AP, AR, Billing/Invoicing, Operational and Management Reptg) and Front Office processes.
- Strong Leadership skills, with a demonstrable background of resource management, motivating and coaching.
- Client-facing consultancy experience with a blue-chip or big-five professional services organization
- Ability to work in an environment of change and uncertainty with sound judgment under pressure
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and diverse range of projects and activities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- REMOTE, work from home with willingness and ability to travel 25 - 75%, depending on the stage of the projects under management
- Law firm financial and front office operations experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top