Project Manager - Compliance Learning
The Compliance Learning Project Manager will support the pre-sales phase through input into the definition of scope and provision of estimates and pricing. This will also include creation and review of Statements of Work (SOW) to ensure the both client and Thomson Reuters sign up to their obligations. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects ranging from small off the shelf products to more complex, multi-year and multi customization and bespoke deliveries and will work closely with internal teams (instructional designers, graphic designers, content specialists and tech operations), vendors, and Compliance Learning management to ensure client and business objectives are achieved. Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from pre-sales through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project. Team members in a Project Manager role are expected to display core competencies such as project execution and control, estimating, pricing, financial management including forecasting, budgeting and tracking actuals, risk and issue management, planning and strong stakeholder management. Expected expertise in each of these areas will vary by job level.
Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters Segment. It focuses on connecting our customers' business to the ever-changing regulatory and risk environment.
Thomson Reuters compliance eLearning products provide practical, interactive, customizable and cost-effective compliance training programs, which assist in changing behavior and supporting a culture of integrity.
- More than 800 ethics and compliance training courses delivered in over 42 different languages.
- Powered by world-leading regulatory intelligence, which tracks over 500 regulators and exchanges globally.
- Educating millions of multi sector customers globally.
- Updated in response to key regulatory developments.
- Fully customizable courses to fit an organization's learning objectives.
- Comprehensive audit trail to demonstrate training compliance.
- An essential part of your ongoing compliance and risk program.
- Defines, documents and manages projects with little or no supervision, working with multiple teams and global resources that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices.
- Delivers multiple large scale projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to client specifications at agreed levels of quality.
- Able to drive and implement initiatives and improvements and at the same coach more junior members to drive for improvements.
- Possible line management and or provision of coaching and support to more junior members of the team.
- Implements effective communication plans and operating rhythm with clients, including provision of regular and accurate status reports.
- Uses influence to eliminate bottlenecks and potential resource alignment problems.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues to the success of the project.
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with senior stakeholders, and obtain commitment to make decisions.
- Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
- Prepares and maintains multiple project plans, tracks activities against the plan and holds individuals accountable for delivery and quality.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Maintain and create visibility around holistic view of the status and health of the project.
- Ensures all stakeholders (internal and external) are aware of project scope and milestones. Highlights divergence from project scope and adjusts it where necessary to reflect changing circumstances.
- Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from clients and project stakeholders.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience of proven full life cycle project management relating to projects in a global setting.
- Very strong stakeholder management skills, gravitas, influencing skills and demonstrable leadership. Experience demonstrated through delivering large scale and or multi year, multi resource / team projects or programs of change. Demonstrable experience working with International blue chip clients.
- At least 5 years client focused Project Management experience aligned to PM methodology
- Strong expertise with project management software such as Microsoft Project and PPM tools
- Multiple years of budgetary and cost / commercial experience
- Experience of working with senior client stakeholders
- Experience of applying governance and best practice to projects and implementing change to PM processes.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), organization and interpersonal skills.
- Provides organized and quality driven response to shifting priorities in project scope
- Multiple years of matrix management experience and resource planning.
- High integrity and trust qualities
- Account and engagement management
- eLearning domain experience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Exposure to eLearning development process and tools
- Previous experience managing indirect reports across the business
- Educated to Bachelor degree level.
- Understanding of GRC within the Financial Services setting
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Back to top