Position Summary: This position is responsible for managing external client projects of various size/complexity with a matrixed project team for the TRTA Government business unit. The project manager plans, directs and coordinates all project activities to ensure deliverables, timelines and budgets are met with a high level of quality and external customer satisfaction from pre-sales activities through to implementation and transition to support.
- Manage project scope, project plans, financials, analytics, resources, testing plans, risk mitigation, change control, and all related project deliverables.
- Manage external Government client relations, acting as a trusted advisor to external government clients and executive stakeholders.
- Prepare and manage project plans that encompass data conversion, product customization/software releases, environment preparation, and production deployment including training, configuration, testing, and rollout.
- Develop, monitor, track and report project status and project health metrics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Business Analysts, Product Owners and other teams performing systems analysis to identify and detail unique requirements or functional gaps, tracking them against contracted terms and through to engineering cycles to customer delivery and testing.
- Confers with technical project resources as an effective team player, working with SMEs, engineers and product designers in a matrix organization.
- Responsible to the PMO and contributing to standardizing implementation best practices, updating project tools, and contributing towards process improvements and implementation efficiencies.
- Craft proposal responses, statements of work, project execution plans, stakeholder presentations and various other written project artifacts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business or Technology, plus a minimum of five years software implementation and services experience
- Five years project management experience with external clients with proven experience as a strategic thinker able to solve complex issues
- PMP certification required
- Proven ability to plan, execute and track a complex software application rollout, preferably within an Agile/Scrum framework
- Experience managing external clients is required; Government clients a plus
- Experience managing diverse project teams across multiple locations and functional teams.
- Ability to understand and articulate business processes and the related data.
- Familiarity with county tax appraisal/assessment concepts and processes is preferred.
- Previous experience implementing Integrated Property Tax Solutions software is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office including MS Project skills
- Extensive nationwide business travel is required, estimated at 50%
- May require extended work schedules, tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work in a variety of social, cultural, legal, and political environments
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top