Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Project Manager will define, scope, initiate and manage customer facing projects with small to medium complexity and scope. In addition, the Project Manager will be responsible to implement strategic ThomsonReuters EOL and migrations on behalf of our customers.
It will be expected that the Project Manager be the lead interface to the client during the implementation life cycle. The Project Manager will be expected to implement a broad range of projects from Desktops, Enterprise and Risk propositions.
It is expected that the Project Manager have a good understanding of Project Management across planning, risk management, issues management, reporting, and scope management. Typical scope of the projects will last 2-6 months, involve multiple client geographies/locations, as well as managing a cross-functional and matrixed project team.
- Defines, documents and executes on multiple projects of small/medium risk, complexity and visibility, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Responsible for producing all typical project documentation - detailed project plans, work plans, schedules, project estimates, conversion schedules, resource plans and status reports. Determines the appropriate project methodology to follow.
- Defines project scope and objectives. Agrees scope and constraints to enable costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to be estimated.
- Has responsibility to ensure project milestones & deliverables are demonstrably aligned to the customer's expectations and requirements mapped to an agreed schedule.
- Gains commitments from stakeholders to ensure corrective actions are taken if costs, timescales or resources deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Manages the scope & change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project stakeholders and ensure full impact of significant changes are understood by project stakeholders.
- Ensures all parties are aware of project scope and milestones. Highlights divergence from that scope, and adjusts it where necessary to reflect changing circumstances, acts a communication liaison.
- Being able to manage remote client project implementations as well as having the flexibility to manage remote virtual matrixed project team members
- Good working knowledge of Project Management Principles and Foundation with a proactive approach, with the ability to manage multiple complexity of projects across multiple project solution types
- Detailed oriented with proactive communications approach
- Past track-record of Customer Project Delivery and Implementation with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Good interpersonal skills and Team Player
- Good Communicator both Verbally and Written
- Proactive collaboration skills in order to work within a large and complex Thomson Reuters matrix structure
- Good relationship management skills for working with various internal and customer stakeholder groups across various time zones
- Proactive Risk Mitigation and Issues Management – demonstrating problem solving and decision making
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office for presentations, documentation, and project planning
- Flexibility to travel to client locations in other geographies/cities
- 3 -7 years demonstrating project management and customer implementations
- Experience working in the Financial Markets as well as a good knowledge of the financial markets asset classes
- CAPM / PMP suggested
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top