Project Coordinator - CNAC
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Network Coordinator – CNAC
Business Unit: Finance and Risk Technology
The role is accountable for the delivery of business value to their key stakeholders – Product Management, Technology Owners and Services Operations primarily through the execution of programs and projects to bring new products or capabilities to market or implementing large scale change to existing products or infrastructures.
The projects themselves are diverse in make-up and include new propositions, enhancing existing products and transformational platform change. The scope of delivery covers the full life cycle definition (product / design elaboration), delivery (development /implementation) and through to service operations.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Project delivery – fully accountable for all aspects of the delivery chain and manages project performance throughout execution and identifies opportunities to optimize the execution
- Risk Management - exhibits strong ability to identify and plan resolution of program risk risks
- Project Communication - identifies and manages effectively all stakeholders, provides visibility and transparency so that appropriate action can be taken by senior management
- Improving project performance – Identifies and recommends opportunities for improving the delivery model by analyzing consistent themes in lessons learned information
- Problem solving and decision making – sound judgment at a senior management level using assertiveness and influencing skills to demonstrate business benefits and to ensure the decision is fully understood and accepted
- Dependency management - Leads analysis and ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan. Effectively works across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules
- Financial Management and Project Accounting – application of corporate financial measures to monitor and track financial health, analyzing resource requirements across multiple projects or across programmes to meet strategic goals
- Project Estimation and Planning – prepare and maintain overall plan for large, highly complex projects/programs, ensure program plans are kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and maintaining accurate project forecasts. Appropriately identifies when program/project is "off track" to project plans and takes immediate corrective actions, including adjusting plans to account for corrections. Leads project estimating sessions that span multiple departments and organizations
- Project Gov and Assurance – implement program governance and among internal & external key stakeholders. Work with Program Office to identify improvements in governance and champion the change in order to improve program delivery.
- Program transparency – deliver accurate and timely reporting for in-flight projects and programs
- Stakeholder Management – manage stakeholder relationships and ensure strong communication plans, both within and externally to the group
- Senior Leadership Team in Finance and Risk Technology Group
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- Product & Content Management
- Program Office
- Business Operations
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and program management colleagues
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Delivers projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's project management framework.
- Defines, documents and manages smaller-scale projects with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions
- Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
- Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan
- Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifies any problems with sponsorship
- Define, scope and manage bounded areas of project work while supporting business and program management staff.
- Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project.
- Implementation may require product launch / direct impact on our customers' businesses.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Background in working with product and technology cross-functional team to plan and execute
- Background in product and development lifecycles – across product definition, software development, production implementation and support operations
- Experience in financial Services
- Background in product and or platform development
- Experience working within a global organization with a track record of being able to set priorities and respond to changes rapidly
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment with a global team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and high energy level with an ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Bachelor's degree – in an IT and or business related field (preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (preferred)
- Prince2 Practitioner (preferred)
- ITIL (preferred)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top