Program Manager, Reuters Consumer
Reuters,the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largestinternational multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion peopleevery day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, andinternational news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world'smedia organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Reuters Consumer is an agile digital publishing business in the heart of the world's largest news organization. Our mission is to be the premier source of news for global professionals. We combine technology and editorial innovation across Reuters.com and Reuters TV to deliver a powerful experience to over 50 million monthly users on the web, mobile and set-top-boxes.
The Program Manager is a full-time position in our New York City, Times Square office. This is a unique opportunity to join a consumer media group with one of the world's leading content producers and brands.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects across our portfolio and support day-to-day operations across the Reuters Consumer. In this role, you'll empower our product development teams to get the most of their time and resources and hit deadlines.
You should have a passion for delivering on-time, in-scope quality solutions and be forward thinking about improving processes and building efficient workflows for our team. You will need to be able to discuss overarching issues, problem-solve and unify team/client communication and information. Ideally, you will also have the ability to manage multiple priorities, are execution focused and have a demonstrated track record of excellent results.
- Work directly with Product, Development, QA and Design teams to manage roadmaps, timelines and resource allocation
- Forecast and monitor program costs to stay within budget
- Identify and mitigate project dependencies and risks while keeping stakeholders informed
- Ensure that all sales initiatives (prospective/sold campaigns) are properly tracked, prioritized, resourced and delivered to plan
- Manages change control and revision processes
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects. Continually work to improve project delivery
- Modify agile practices to meet the needs of each project team while promoting transparency.
- Lead daily stand up meetings
- Oversee invoicing and track payments for all vendors and perform administrative duties as needed for the team
- Operate with significant autonomy
Desired Skills and Experiences
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working as a program manager in a large scale projects and global matrix environment.
- Significant experience (min. 5-7 years) working as a program manager, process improvement and/or Change Management frameworks.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and the full product life cycle (Kanban, Scrum)
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors, and between project teams and senior leadership.
- Experience working with global and remote teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Knowledge of JIRA, Pivotal, Confluence and Ariba
- Understanding of digital media landscape a plus
- Delivers through execution and the ability to see things through
- Sound judgment
- A sense of humor always helps
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top