As the leader of the PMO for Legal Enterprise Solutions (LES) Technology, you'll report to the CTO and manage a portfolio of growth oriented technology projects by fostering a close partnership between the product development, marketing, technology and finance organizations. This is a fast growing and dynamic area of the company involved in a multiple of business domains serving customers as varied as corporate law departments, government agencies, and law firms.
Fundamental responsibilities include coordination between the product teams, agile coaching team, finance team, business systems, support organization and operations team. This responsibility includes the people management of 15-20 employees and partnering with other teams outside of LES in the wider TR technology organization.
Thomson Reuters Legal Enterprise Solutions consists of the Thomson Reuters Elite and Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker businesses and is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for legal firms, professional services firms, and corporations worldwide.
TR Legal Tracker is a leading provider of legal workflow solutions to corporate legal departments worldwide. Tracker is a SaaS application and is the No. 1 ranked matter management and e-billing system among corporations and firms, providing the data and analytic tools to enable legal departments to efficiently track, control, manage, analyse, and report on legal activities worldwide.
Elite is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. Elite is part of Thomson Reuters and is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including accounting, marketing services, and management and IT consulting.
Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices in Albuquerque, Auckland, Boston, Calgary, Hong Kong, London, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Singapore and Sydney. More than 60% of the AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms and nearly 30% of the top CPA firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business.
Provide technology program, people and project management across the entire portfolio of LES Technology initiatives. This includes:
- Coordinating initiatives that span the LES portfolio such as business continuity, software asset tracking and development operations.
- Collaborating with product teams to foster better agile practices through coaching and training. This area involves management of a team of scrum masters who work across the portfolio.
- Managing the Business Systems team which includes information systems for the LES business.
- Working with central DevOps team and Agile teams to automate continuous delivery of software.
- Serving as the project issue escalation point on select projects.
- Facilitating solutions to complex problems and managing difficult process improvements.
- Negotiating and resolving conflicting change requests and changing priorities across customers/projects.
- Communicating and reporting status to executives, customers, and all other relevant individuals and groups.
- Conducting project assessments at a program level.
- Establish and facilitate project governance & compliance.
- Developing or assisting in developing business cases.
- Responsible for standards and best practices, producing reports, detailed analysis, and leading changes in standards and best practice
- Represent the technology function in various cross-functional initiatives.
Portfolio Management Responsibilities
- Partner tightly with Portfolio Management to provide staffing forecasts and analysis for LES Tech
- Manage the capital pipeline and other activities associated with the annual planning cycle
- Accountable for tightly partnering with Finance and Portfolio management to develop capacity plans and implement staffing priorities across the group to achieve planned project work
- Work with Finance team to ensure proper budget and headcount forecasting
- Assist with contractor onboarding and time tracking
- Bachelor degree required in Business, Technology, Operations Management.
- PMP certification preferred or thorough knowledge and demonstrated execution of project management methodology including documentation.
- Previous experience with program management, milestone and financial performance tracking and building relationships in distributed organizational structures required
- Experience with agile software development methodologies a strong plus.
- Proven track record of successful project implementation with definable contributions to the business.
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills. The ability to drive to creative, novel solutions to unique problems is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced rapidly changing environment where requirements are sometimes initially unclear and demands upon the team may be in conflict. In that context, drive for clarity and results while still supporting the required agility.
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills including both oral and written proficiency
- Must be able to present effectively to a wide variety of audiences including the company's senior executives, end-users, industry contacts, development teams and partners within the business
- Ability to present complex technical topics to a non-technical audience is a strong plus
- Ability to influence actions/decisions of others.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top