The Program Manager is responsible for the successful management of multiple, large business and technology and related programs and projects that relate to driving the key initiatives for the Enterprise Payable and other Business Operations teams. These typically involve strategic, cross-organizational initiatives to automate and simplify business operations and deliver improvement in stakeholder experience. Initiatives will involve close interaction and coordination with the following areas: A/P, Sourcing Operations, Accounting, and other enterprise business functions, and the Enterprise Process Owner for Source to Pay. The Program Manager will partner with project owners of key initiatives and other functional heads of various business operations.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Manage multiple, large technology and business related programs and projects that relate to driving the key initiatives to automate and simplify business operations and deliver improvement in stakeholder experience.
- Manage projects deliverables, scope & expectations and coordinates project progress with sponsors, upper management, and executives.
- Interfaces independently with all functional & business areas/groups affected by the project, including senior and/or executive management.
- Work closely with functional resource managers to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects being managed.
- Develop and track to detailed project plans, including schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans.
- Make project decisions and recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation with input from others as needed.
- Provide management and leadership for project management contractors and/or additional project management staff as applicable.
- Prepare and delivers project report outs to an executive level audience as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- College or university degree; advanced degree preferred
- Project Management Professional certification
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive business experience
- Demonstrated experience working across many different geographies and cultures
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Proven skills in directing and influencing non-dedicated resources and staff in high exposure projects with tight deadlines and competing resources
- Proven project management skills; the ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for limited resources
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey messages using visual channels and branding; work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential topics
- Proven interpersonal skills required with ability to develop effective relationships across all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated with ability to drive results
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office – Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel as required by needs of business
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top