Program Director (Privacy Matters Program) – 12 month FTC
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Program Director (Privacy Matters Program) – 12 month FTC*
- Initial end date: 30th June 2018, may be extended depending on project requirements.
Business Unit: ET&O
Product or Service: Position is associated with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance program.
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a Program Director to run the GDPR compliance program (Privacy Matters).
The program has until now been run with support from an external consultancy and is now being transitioned back to Thomson Reuters. The Program Director will take over the management of this large enterprise-wide program to ensure that all parts of it are delivered to meet the May 2018 regulatory deadline.
These projects are large, highly visible and cross-functional in nature and will require collaboration with a variety of business and technology areas and involve multiple global businesses and project teams.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Managing the smooth transition of the program as external consultancy resource hand over to internal Thomson Reuters resource.
- Defines, documents and delivers large-scale programs of work requiring the management of significant uncertainty.
- Actively leads in all phases of the projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the program and ensure stakeholders have information to make effective decisions.
- Shapes, communicates, and champions a method of working to manage the strategy and ensures sufficient visibility at all levels in the organization.
- Champions program governance (with Steering Committee and others) to ensure there is sufficient executive support and guidance. Builds effective relationships to ensure the success of the projects.
- Has effective control, leadership and responsibility for the delivery of the program - including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and business value.
- Develops and leads the process for dealing with rapid major change. Ensures the communication channels and processes are in place to notify key stakeholders so that plans can be amended and the necessary action taken.
- Provides thought leadership on all aspects of the program in order to ensure successful delivery. Establishes the appropriate tools and processes to meet project goals. Influences program sponsor to make the appropriate decisions and modifications in response to external influences on the program.
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas at multiple organizational levels and modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance. Ensures appropriate sponsorship. Develops and maintains broad knowledge of related functional areas across the business.
- Maintains a solid understanding of Privacy regulation and the industry response to GDPR and incorporates best practices as they emerge.
- CTO, CIO, CISO and Chief Transformation Officer
- SBU CTOs
- Chief Privacy Officer
- Technology partners (including SBU GPDR remediation leads)
- Business Unit Security Officers
- Internal Audit and other governance groups
- Peers across ISRM
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience managing senior executive relationships
- Extensive experience delivering transformational change as a Project Director or Senior Project Manager
- Experienced in managing large-scale and complex projects/programmes.
- Experience of at least 6 of the 'desired skills' outlined below.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Stakeholder Management - Expert
- Project Risk Management - Expert
- Project Staff Management - Expert
- Project Communication - Expert
- Project 3rd Party Management - Expert
- Improving Project Performance - Expert
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Expert
- Change & Transformational Programs - Expert
- Business Knowledge - Fully Competent
- Project Dependency Management - Expert
- Financial Management & Project Accounting - Fully Competent
- Project Estimating & Planning - Expert
- Project Governance & Assurance - Fully Competent
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Trained / certified program manager (MSP, PRINCE2 etc.)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top